PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I recently re-organized my cellar and re-labeled everything. I currently have 109 tins bringing my total to over 15 pounds of cellared tobacco. I currently have another 65 mason jars that I smoke from making up at least another 5 pounds of tobacco. At the rate I smoke I have enough for 10 years.

I just placed another tobacco order the other day too. :mrgreen:

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
If you live in tobacco unfriendly place, it is a pipe dream to have a large cellar. I am thankful to get hands on anything.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Too hard to keep track of all that and there's always the chance my wife would see it.
My wife has bought at least half of my pipes and tobacco. She gets very enthusiastic about things that calm my nerves. Sometimes a bit overly so. 8O

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
All I know is that my wife has Pipestuds e-mail just in case I walk out in front of a Bus.

jeff540

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
My wife has bought at least half of my pipes and tobacco.
Same here, especially birthdays and Christmas. My wife has a tinge of "prepper" in her, so she reasons if there's a national disaster it'd be better to have tobacco and alcohol stored away in the cellar for which to trade for essential goods, rather than 25 lbs of pickled eggplant.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
One who has a cellar pulls tobacco from it to smoke. Since I intend not to smoke, what I have might be called tobacco in my possession:
2 tins Escudo

~75g Dark Flake

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
I think Im infected...
I have about 134 tins.
about 65 cardboard tins.
and about 10 pounds of flake and bullseye in jars.

luigi

Can't Leave
May 16, 2017
Europe
I have 6lb of tobacco. Enough for this year but will probably try to get more before the authorities start to put smokers in jail. :) I'm using an excel document for statistics. This hobby is priceless for me so I don't track costs. As long as sellers don't try to exploit me I don't care about the costs.

Aug 14, 2012
It was 1200 cans. I stopped smoking and sold most of it. Now it is under 400. It includes a lot of tobaccos that are no longer made. Will sell them when I have time.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All I know is that my wife has Pipestuds e-mail just in case I walk out in front of a Bus.
haha!
Sometimes I am thankful that tobacco is so expensive here otherwise I would be swimming in time I know I would never enjoy. When you have to go through the process of online ordering, shipping, customs, and the like it helps keep things under control.

exbenedict

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2018
I use an Excel spreadsheet I spent about 30 minutes setting up. It has a main tab that collates all blends and tells me how much in ounces I have of each, then totals all those up for a running total in pounds (about 40 or so now). Next tab is the data entry section. Blend, manufacturer, style, mix (Lat, virginia,etc...) where its stored (tin, jar), date cellared or date tinned (if there is one on the tin), and a calculation of how many days cellared. Next tab has what is in my smoking rack, and all headers are the same so I can cut and paste from the data entry tab, only additional is what day I started smoking it. When finished it gets removed from there, and copied and pasted over to my last tab which shows how long it took me to work through it, and my notes on it. If it's not one of my go to blends then I always check back in case I forget if I liked something or not when there is a sale going on. That's about it. Excel isn't going anywhere and it's easy to back up in the cloud and access on my phone if I am somewhere not near a computer to check something. Just my $0.02. Cheers!

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Mine is over 60,000 square feet with 25 foot high ceilings.
Russ
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
jay-roger.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.