PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
“I guess, just the small corner of the hall ;)
If I could fit a urinal in my cellar I wouldn’t leave lol The bin on the floor is Esoterica bags. I am done buying them. I was going to put them on a shelf but seems to make more s nose just to leave them in a bin.
Only McClelland I have is Dark Star. I never buy a bunch of something just to get in on a frenzy. Some other advice I follow is only buy what I can pay for immediately. I buy the most when the 20% off sales show up. Buy enough for the free shipping option. Don’t chase the rainbow blends when they will probably end up golden showers :)

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
None. House is built on a concrete slab with embedded radiant heat coils.
It exists in a state of being both sufficient and insufficient.
This I love.
And 3rd guy- Holy sh**! And you have room to increase that 100% in that location alone. Nice "start"!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I haven't got a clue, except that it's probably around 100lbs and will likely long outlast me. I've pretty much given up buying more except to restock something that's run out, and I may not even continue bothering with that. I've left instructions about the disposing of it in my will.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
What are those two big plastic containers on the top shelf (circled in red)? Is that bulk tobacco or cat food? I'm intrigued. Otherwise, I enjoyed looking through your stash, great stuff!!!

aKO5Sr8.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have over 200 which will last me for quite some time. I said I was done buying back in 2013 but I still added quite a bit since then. I have around 15 or 20 boxes of tins sitting in their original shipping containers because I have no other place to put them. Some of those boxes have 50-100 tins in each.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Thanks doc, those are glass actually.
One is my daily smoke; Old Joe Krantz (current production)...the other is Sleepy Hollow from 2017. I am not going through the Sleepy Hollow as much as I thought so it may sit there a bit, ages well however.
I have Crooner in a similar jar which is also a daily. I only keep my daily smokes in that type of jar and pull from them to fill other jars.
Also: wife owns a dog training company so the rest of my basement is for dogs being shipped in for training (I kid not). Local dogs are trained at her facility. So no, no cat food here!

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
3rd your cellar is very nice! But I'm waiting for Dean (peckinpahombre) to post his setup.
I am a nobody on cellars but I bet there are a few lurkers that have some well stocked leaf as well as Dean!

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
I switched from cigars to pipes in November of 2017, and have managed to get up to 29 pounds since then. Almost half of that is bulk. I'd like to have that much in Chelsea Morning and Plum Pudding alone by the end of 2019... :)

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
Basically not a cellar, I buy and smoke.
Keeping those 3 smokable tobaccos in rotation and that's it.
Money doesn't allow for more.
That's my life.

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
The cellar is huge, sadly the tobacco in it...not so much. I have around 40 pounds.

pipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2016
^Ha!
Not as big as I'd like but bigger than I'll ever need.
Roughly 1000 tins and sixty pounds of bulk. Half the bulk is one blend (which is probably stupid). Not sure what the tins come to, weight wise. Most are 1.5 to 2 oz, with a wide smattering of 8 oz and other odd, larger sizes.
I wish it were better organized.... That picture above is awesome, @3rdguy.

Status
Not open for further replies.