PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

OlJawBone

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2021
California
Hey so this is my first time buying bulk from “fresh drop”

does that mean that this tobacco is fresh and the sauce will not have faded as the bulk lakelands do over time? (Or so i have heard)

Reactions: FurCoat

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Hey so this is my first time buying bulk from “fresh drop”

does that mean that this tobacco is fresh and the sauce will not have faded as the bulk lakelands do over time? (Or so i have heard)
Fresh is really just a marketing term employed by SP. I read it as "available just now". They market estate pipes as "fresh" when they first post them to their website as well.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

OlJawBone

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2021
California
Fresh is really just a marketing term employed by SP. I read it as "available just now". They market estate pipes as "fresh" when they first post them to their website as well.
Got it. Still though, hopefully it means they just got it in, and seeing as they are one of the largest distributors, maybe they are some of the first to get new batches?

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Got it. Still though, hopefully it means they just got it in, and seeing as they are one of the largest distributors, maybe they are some of the first to get new batches?
I would say most likely yes. While it's possible some product that had been overlooked and sitting in Gawith's warehouse could be included it's much more likely that it's all fresh production that just became available and shipped.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I would say most likely yes. While it's possible some product that had been overlooked and sitting in Gawith's warehouse could be included it's much more likely that it's all fresh production that just became available and shipped.
Also, some batches are more or less scented than others. I think it will eventually level out in production but I’m not sure if they are there yet. I haven’t smoked it regularly enough to really know but others can address that further.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
which of these is the one to get if you like mild lakeland but strong tobacco
I like St. Bruno - I don't want something smothered in flavorings though

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
which of these is the one to get if you like mild lakeland but strong tobacco
I like St. Bruno - I don't want something smothered in flavorings though
Somewhere there is a thread with a sauce scale. I’ll see if I can dig it up. In general, go darker for strength. Bosun Cut Plug might be a good one. Not crazy strong, the topping is more in the aroma, at least in the batch I got last year.