PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Dark Flake Unscented & Happy Brown Bogie are strong, to me, and among my favorite GH&C blends.

Whisky Twist is a pretty strong one, flavor wise, medium Nic. I’m sure Black Irish X is a strong flavored one too...

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
which of these is the one to get if you like mild lakeland but strong tobacco
I like St. Bruno - I don't want something smothered in flavorings though
To me, St. Bruno is 0.5 out of 10 on the Sauce scale, and that's being generous. I've tried almost all the scented GH flakes and the lightest one that I'm aware of is Glengarry. On my scale it's about a 2/10. However, it doesn't seem to be part of this latest shipment. Everything else is at least 5/10. This doesn't include the "unscented" flakes, which I've not tried, but reportedly can be scented in-fact.

• Wow
Reactions: Sloopjohnbee

brooklynpipeclub

Can't Leave
Sep 6, 2019
Brooklyn, NYC
www.instagram.com
Bob's Chocolate flake was my biggest pipe tobacco disappointment. I liked it but I was hoping for more then o.k..
Funny how each of us and our tastes are so different. I've tried many Hoggarth offerings and BCF is now my absolute favorite. Does it have a pronounced chocolate flavor? Not in my opinion, but it does have noticeable aromatic wood notes that I really like and haven't found in any other blend. To each their own.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Funny how each of us and our tastes are so different. I've tried many Hoggarth offerings and BCF is now my absolute favorite. Does it have a pronounced chocolate flavor? Not in my opinion, but it does have noticeable aromatic wood notes that I really like and haven't found in any other blend. To each their own.
yeah that's what I heard about it. And the name made me really want to like it.

Reactions: ofafeather

pip01

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 3, 2018
NJ
Maybe I'll send a note to smoking pipes and ask them to add it to their next drop. It will definitely sell out so it's really no risk to them.

Reactions: FurCoat

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I think this is a good plan for everyone. Let them know what we want beyond the standard.
I wouldn’t mind seeing licorice, vanilla, dark rich honeydew and bulk top black cherry (or whatever name it’s going by these days) and for the love of god would someone ask them to order a freaking container ship full of brown bogie? That stuff is never available for longer than a gnat’s attention span and is always sold out.