PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

boston

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2018
Boston
Tried to order Ennerdale today and I suppose I should have anticipated this but...it can't be shipped to me in Massachusetts. Flavored tobacco. Old news, but still annoying.

I have purchased Ennerdale here for over 20 years.

Massachusetts is a lovely state where it's legal to buy reefer but not Ennerdale. This law will make our state better, and kids and adults alike healthier and more cognitively competitive and capable.

Remarkable.

Nümericana

Lurker
Aug 3, 2021
I set an alert for Rum Twist, got it in my email at 9am, and it was sold out by the time I checked at Noon.

It must be that good, huh?

At least I managed to grab an oz each of Whiskey and Black Cherry Twist, Bulk Brown Twist, and Bosun Plug.

After I tried Dark Flake Scented, I was HOOKED.

Reactions: dcon and ofafeather

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
I did a kilo, hedging my bets that even if I never smoke a bowl of it, I will be able to do so if I choose to resume.
No judgement here, I can relate. You have a love of pipe smoking, especially Dark Flake. I love it too. If you don't smoke it, I'll be in awe of your self control. Often I've wondered if I could keep my cellar, as part of a well diversified portfolio ;), and not smoke it. Doubtful.

Reactions: Ahi Ka

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
but I trust the Captain.
As you should!

Got some Ennerdale

Truly one of my favorites - great tobacco, not too strong or too mild and the topping is truly exceptional! I hope you enjoy, but if not, there will be plenty of people to take it off your hands. Try it in a cob then dedicate a pipe or two to it.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I had a job about 5 years ago that required me to monitor multiple boards. Several times I came upon threads entirely given over to Lakeland bashing. Ever since I have been revulsed when I come upon the words "soap" and "grannies' panties," as such comments inevitably identify a smoker who bashes for group acceptance or the thrill of saying something nasty online.

You may define these words otherwise, and I respect that, but to me they smack of ignorance and a big mouth.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I had a job about 5 years ago that required me to monitor multiple boards. Several times I came upon threads entirely given over to Lakeland bashing. Ever since I have been revulsed when I come upon the words "soap" and "grannies' panties," as such comments inevitably identify a smoker who bashes for group acceptance or the thrill of saying something nasty online.

You may define these words otherwise, and I respect that, but to me they smack of ignorance and a big mouth.

I agree. There are things that are subjective, in that we each experience them in our own way but then also how we react and respond to them. Some Lakeland essences may take getting used to and some people may plainly not care for them.

The Granny’s Panties thing is closed minded nonsenses. As for possible soapiness, that’s a byproduct of some of the floral essences used. It exists as a taste, and like the smokiness of Latakia, the peppery spice of perique, or the sourness of orientals, someone may or may not dig it, and that’s cool. But like you said, there’s a lot of uncalled for bashing of Lakelands.

The same thing happens a lot with other genres. I hate seeing 1 star reviews of blends where the reviewer clearly states they don’t like this type of blend. Well thanks for that informative helpful review. You just skewed the star rating for a blend bc you don’t like the genre. It’s the similar to what you are saying about being a loud mouth.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I was on SP the other day, didn't think to check GH... I got 500g of Bob's Chocolate Flake and 500g of Dark Plug. I'm a little light on those. As for other offerings, I'm well stocked. I've got 10 keys of Louisiana Perique Flake, which is my favorite.