PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
So, will this year's Cup be tainted because it's only half a season?
Any Caps fan will tell you: yes.
sjpipesmoker:
design-618-46-16-2012-10-22-22-50-42.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Loseth, I grew up about 6 miles from Fenway Park and used to go the games all the time. When I was a kid starting at 11 years old we would ride the T for 10 cents and pay 2.50 to get in and then sneak down to the good seats. In the winter we would go to Boston Garden and pay 2.00 to get in.
Hockey is so diluted now that there are way too many teams. When I grew up there were only 6, then the first expansion doubled that to 12. The talent level was amazing back then. The game was also a lot rougher and the fights were amazing. Benches cleared and you would have 6 or 7 fights going on at the same time.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I would like to say that I am taking the high road, and completely ignoring the NHL, but that wouldn't be very honest. Sadly, I was sucked back in from day one (last Saturday), nothing like watching the Canucks fall apart before they even get their act together.
That said, I refuse to attend any NHL games in person this year, nor will I buy any memoribilia, including forgoing upgrading NHL 12 to NHL 13. Instead, my family has used our usual ice-pack funds to purchase season-tickets for both the local WHL team (Vancouver Giants) AND the local BCJHL team (Coquitlam Express).

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I've been a Blackhawks fan since 1970 when I was eight. They finally won The Cup 2 years ago and can die a happy man now. I'm an original 6 fan. Those are always the most entertaining games to me. I was the official scorer for the Americans in the WHL for 15 years till it became too much like a job. I played in the beer leauge for a few years and coached minor hockey for a few more. I'd say hockey is in my blood as I will always love it. Baseball is another love. Football I am losing my interest in it with each passing year. Harris I hate the Lakers too but sure did love those Larry Bird vs. Ervin Johnson matchups in the 80's.

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
Maybe I'll get back to watching games, for now I'm still trying to boycot in hopes if enough people stay away a lock out won't happen a third time.

Status
Not open for further replies.