PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
G&H Kentucky Nougat has a decent amount of nicotine and tastes more like an American aro than a Lakeland.. just with better quality leaf and a Stoved VA Cavendish instead of burley. I love SG Firedance Flake the most but it is a bit more Lakeland-ish.. not soapy but like a scented candle. Niconactastic

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
G&H Kentucky Nougat has a decent amount of nicotine and tastes more like an American aro than a Lakeland.. just with better quality leaf and a Stoved VA Cavendish instead of burley. I love SG Firedance Flake the most but it is a bit more Lakeland-ish.. not soapy but like a scented candle. Niconactastic
Almost bought some firedance the other day. May have to revisit that decision.

Reactions: rushx9 and BROBS

MattRVA

Lifer
Feb 6, 2019
Richmond Virginia
Ken Byron Ventures “Burlier Morning Pipe” has bits of plug with a really nice chocolate/coffee vanilla taste. I just recently tried it out and it’s not bad.

Reactions: BROBS

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
Erinmore flake and University Flake have already been mentioned. So i will second those. UF is one of my favorite tobaccos, Have about a half a tin, its a good vitamin N hit.

Havent tried any Erinmore lately, when i heard that it wasnt going to be made any more, back in the oughts i bought all the square cans my local B&M had. Turned out production was continued but it never seemed to me to equal the original in topping. Its a butt kicker if you arent used to high nic tobaccos.

The other tobacco i thought of immediately was Royal Yacht, havent smoked any since dunhill quit making it but the current production made by peterson has gotten good reviews and peterson knows how to make a tasty high nic tobacco.

Idk if i should mention the lakelands, thats an aroma some dont enjoy and that might mark your pipe forever, but i have enjoyed Dark Flake Scented (sit down to smoke that one) and Bosons Cut Plug.

Reactions: BROBS
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I don't consider Erinmore as being an aromatic in the proper sense of the word, rather I'd call it as semi-aromatic similarly to St Bruno , Condor Long Cut,or Amphora Full Red but all these aforementioned might satisfy your need in good tobacco with a satisfying nicotine content

Reactions: whsergent and BROBS
Havent tried any Erinmore lately, when i heard that it wasnt going to be made any more, back in the oughts i bought all the square cans my local B&M had. Turned out production was continued but it never seemed to me to equal the original in topping. Its a butt kicker if you arent used to high nic tobaccos.
Yeh, the new version doesn't have that distinctive strong nose burning urinal cake tin note that the older version had, and it is way lower in nicotine. I too fell in love with the flavor and the strength, now it is even pointless to try it to get a notion of what it was, because it is nothing like it was.
Condor is the same, nothing like it used to be.

Reactions: whsergent

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
I don't consider Erinmore as being an aromatic in the proper sense of the word, rather I'd call it as semi-aromatic similarly to St Bruno , Condor Long Cut,or Amphora Full Red but all these aforementioned might satisfy your need in good tobacco with a satisfying nicotine content
Yeah i agree it transcended the aro designation, just by virtue of being a great tobacco under the topping and a nice dry smoke.

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
Yeh, the new version doesn't have that distinctive strong nose burning urinal cake tin note that the older version had, and it is way lower in nicotine. I too fell in love with the flavor and the strength, now it is even pointless to try it to get a notion of what it was, because it is nothing like it was.
Condor is the same, nothing like it used to be.
That topping was really unique. I could never really nail down the flavor, pineapple? apricot? mango? Anyway possibly the best aro i ever smoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.