PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Hi All,

It seems to me aromatic blends typically contain fairly low nicotine levels. Outside of the obvious whoppers from the Lakeland District, does anyone know of any good aromatics that actually pack a decent nic hit?

I like smoking aros from time to time, but I find I almost always have to either follow or precede them with something good and strong to get that full smoking experience with a little vitamin N. Any recommendations for stronger aros would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Solani Tropical Mango Flake has some N.
I wouldn't call it strong in the nic department but it packs way more than your standard goopy aro.
Haha, I have a "just in case" tin of it in my backpack for my next "I need a smoke now" moment. Maybe I'll have to try it out before then.

Reactions: leonidas

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Most of the Dan Tobacco blends have a good amount, but are not goopy aros.
Sweet Vanilla Honeydew, Milonga, Blue Note, Devils Holiday
Good to know! I like all the DTM stuff I've had so far, but have yet to try any of their aros. I have a tin of blue note kicking around, maybe I'll crack that one. Thanks!

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
Haha, I have a "just in case" tin of it in my backpack for my next "I need a smoke now" moment. Maybe I'll have to try it out before then.
Take it up a notch with a 1 to 1 mix of Luxury Twist Flake and Tropical Mango Flake.
Coconut and Mango together on a nice bed of Virginia. I call it the Pina Colada … not that I have any idea what's actually in a real Pina Colada. I think it was Cosmic that first turned me on to that one.

subsalac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 9, 2018
Does Amphora Original qualify as an aromatic? I think so, it has a mild cacao and fruit topping(or something like that). Contains Kentucky burley, which I think punches the tobacco up to around "medium" give or take. At the very least I wouldn't say it's your standard ultra-mild cavendish containing aromatic. If you haven't tried Amphora I highly recommend it.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Does Amphora Original qualify as an aromatic? I think so, it has a mild cacao and fruit topping(or something like that). Contains Kentucky burley, which I think punches the tobacco up to around "medium" give or take. At the very least I wouldn't say it's your standard ultra-mild cavendish containing aromatic. If you haven't tried Amphora I highly recommend it.
I like the english and the Va. maybe ill give that one a go as well.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Take it up a notch with a 1 to 1 mix of Luxury Twist Flake and Tropical Mango Flake.
Coconut and Mango together on a nice bed of Virginia. I call it the Pina Colada … not that I have any idea what's actually in a real Pina Colada. I think it was Cosmic that first turned me on to that one.
Sounds luxurious!

I like an aromatic with my morning coffee. The low nic Lets me enjoy the aromas of it and my coffee.
I don’t usually work an aromatic in after the first pipe of the day, unless it’s a high nicotine lakeland as the last pipe of the day.
But, occasionally I’ll mix some darkfired blender into an aromatic, or mix some coconut twist in with some Molto Dolce... but, this is just when the mood hits.

I wish more aromatics could be blended with more consciousness on bringing out the nocotine. I’ve heard Russ say that the processing and topping usually reduces the nicotine effectiveness.

Reactions: rushx9

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I like an aromatic with my morning coffee. The low nic Lets me enjoy the aromas of it and my coffee.
I don’t usually work an aromatic in after the first pipe of the day, unless it’s a high nicotine lakeland as the last pipe of the day.
But, occasionally I’ll mix some darkfired blender into an aromatic, or mix some coconut twist in with some Molto Dolce... but, this is just when the mood hits.

I wish more aromatics could be blended with more consciousness on bringing out the nocotine. I’ve heard Russ say that the processing and topping usually reduces the nicotine effectiveness.
Yeah, Ive tossed a little aro leaf in with some other blends to try to get there in the past. I know the processing of “typical” aros makes low nic part of the deal, I guess im hoping to find some that are possibly processed differently.......if such a thing exists haha.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
The topping is pretty light, so maybe not what you're looking for, but I've been loving Peterson Hyde Park lately. Not a nic bomb, but it's got some juice.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore
I went on a Vanilla binge a few years ago, trying every vanilla blend that came up on the search at SP. The problem was the better aroma a blend had, the less nic. The Kendals for instance had less of the aroma, but would kick my ass with my coffee. I’d end up laying around, ha ha!

If I knew more about toppings amd applying them, I’d love to try mixing in Rustics and some cigar top leaf, to get a unique vanilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.