PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Ally J

Lurker
Nov 18, 2023
Aberdeen, Bonnie Scotland
Are you located anywhere near Edinburgh? If so, you need to visit The Pipe Shop in Leith. Really knowledgeable staff and an unbelievable selection of tobacco, especially in bulk. The blends available in grocery stores don't really appeal to most new pipe smokers. Condor, in particular, is super strong.
Hi

I’m in Aberdeen. Be in Edinburgh next year, will visit the pipe shop in Leith.

I’ve been buying my tobacco online apart from condor 🤦‍♀️🥵it’s yuk … can tolerate when mixed with black cherry or vanilla …

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hi all,

I’m Ally from Scotland (female) and bought my 1st pipe about a month ago. Just a wee cheap one off Amazon to try it. Stopped smoking cigarettes 7 and a half years ago … just fancied a pipe and love it! I like fruity tobacco, but am struggling at moment with new filters I just bought. Can hardly light my pipe with these new filters 🥵
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: Ally J
May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Many thanks. The new ones I bought are like sucking the life out of me. Am trying different tobacco …. Condor is very damp. Can smoke it when mixed with black cherry tobacco..

Thanks for the tip
Welcome from Virginia, I like Savinelli charcoal filters, they ha

Hi

I’m in Aberdeen. Be in Edinburgh next year, will visit the pipe shop in Leith.

I’ve been buying my tobacco online apart from condor 🤦‍♀️🥵it’s yuk … can tolerate when mixed with black cherry or vanilla …
It's a small space, but crammed with tobacco. This photo is missing a whole wall of tins and dozens of bulk jars. 30 minute walk from the main train station in Edinburgh and along a bus route.

IMG_20180831_122544.jpgIMG_20180831_122616.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
The second photo does it! Great shop. Got a smashing Parker basket pipe that's one of my favs.

Ally- A big welcome! We don't have enough Scots or women aboard here, although several outstanding members contribute.

As to filters, perhaps try a few bowls without.

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

gubbyduffer

Can't Leave
May 25, 2021
Peebles, Scottish Borders
Hi all,

I’m Ally from Scotland (female) and bought my 1st pipe about a month ago. Just a wee cheap one off Amazon to try it. Stopped smoking cigarettes 7 and a half years ago … just fancied a pipe and love it! I like fruity tobacco, but am struggling at moment with new filters I just bought. Can hardly light my pipe with these new filters 🥵
Hello and welcome from Peebles in the Borders.

Ally J

Lurker
Nov 18, 2023
Aberdeen, Bonnie Scotland
The second photo does it! Great shop. Got a smashing Parker basket pipe that's one of my favs.

Ally- A big welcome! We don't have enough Scots or women aboard here, although several outstanding members contribute.

As to filters, perhaps try a few bowls without.

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.
Many thanks for the advice and welcome. My Dad says it’s unladylike pipe hanging out my mouth lol .. I’ve never cared what others think to be honest …. I enjoy it ❤️

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Are you located anywhere near Edinburgh? If so, you need to visit The Pipe Shop in Leith. Really knowledgeable staff and an unbelievable selection of tobacco, especially in bulk. The blends available in grocery stores don't really appeal to most new pipe smokers. Condor, in particular, is super strong.
@craiginthecorn I once smoked too much Condor, lost my footing & crashed into a tree - breaking one of my clay pipes...

• Wow
Reactions: craiginthecorn

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
Hello and welcome from West Virginia, USA. I don't use filters and don't see much use for them unless you are a wet smoker. A filter is there mostly to absorb moisture. I don't produce much saliva and the blends that I smoke are old timey Codger blends that don't produce much moisture.. Try smoking without the filter and see if your enjoyment improves.