Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

p40warhawk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2019
I have a thing for the Peterson Sherlock Homes collection in smooth. Months ago, I bought the Hansom F/T and I love it! I purchased thru Smoking Pipes. Of course, I also just purchased the Deerstalker P/Lip which is also a winner! Can't go wrong...

Reactions: natanel770

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
Why choose between a p-lip and a regular stem? This one has both!

It's somewhat pretty.

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

Peterson Spigot with amber stem

skydog

Jun 27, 2017
I agree the Peteiest Pete is a bent system pipe with the P-lip. I admit that I don't smoke either of my P-lips often though. I generally reach for my straight fishtail army mount Pete's nowadays. But that's getting into the perfect Pete for me vs the Peteiest Pete.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
My Birthday present to myself is on it’s way. Thank you all for your input. Purchased from our friends at SmokingPipes.com

For honesty, I did go to my awesome local tobacconist today. I looked through their Pete’s nothing like this one. I’m not patient enough for a special order etc... I did pick up a tin of Sun Bear so I do patronize them when I go in, always.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Mark Irwin has a story about this pipe on his blog, and its up on Ebay.

That is indeed a fine looking pipe. Cool history. As I’ve been “studying” I’ve run across Mark Irwin’s blog and book notes. Good to know his eBay name. I’ll look for him in the future.

Dusk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2019
Undah Da Sea
My Birthday present to myself is on it’s way. Thank you all for your input. Purchased from our friends at SmokingPipes.com

For honesty, I did go to my awesome local tobacconist today. I looked through their Pete’s nothing like this one. I’m not patient enough for a special order etc... I did pick up a tin of Sun Bear so I do patronize them when I go in, always.

View attachment 5252
Definitely the Peteiest!
If I was in the market for a Pete, I'd go for something like this too.
Be sure to post some pics when it arrives puffy

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
Mark Irwin has a story about this pipe on his blog, and its up on Ebay.

to me that is the Iconic Peterson pipe (Dutch Billiard) when I think of Peterson pipes

vates

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2019

View attachment 5252

Beautiful pipe, great choice!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
jttnk, I'd say that is a Petey pipe indeed. It is a classic Pete shape with some distinctive Pete trimmings. I think you'll be well satisfied.

brooklynpiper

May 8, 2018
jttnk - I'm glad you went with a smooth, classically stained finish. Their rustication is terrible and recently changed. I guess they did do some pattern rustication that was kind of their own thing, but rustication has never been what Pete's good with. Sandblasting these days is pretty good, but not the first thing you think of when you think of Pete. They do make what to me is the only justifiable green pipe, but with the classic stain and smooth I think you went right. What are you planning on smoking in it? Got a category or first smoke planned?

You're a right Peter-Piper, now!

Reactions: jttnk
Status
Not open for further replies.