PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
jttnk - I'm glad you went with a smooth, classically stained finish. Their rustication is terrible and recently changed. I guess they did do some pattern rustication that was kind of their own thing, but rustication has never been what Pete's good with. Sandblasting these days is pretty good, but not the first thing you think of when you think of Pete. They do make what to me is the only justifiable green pipe, but with the classic stain and smooth I think you went right. What are you planning on smoking in it? Got a category or first smoke planned?

You're a right Peter-Piper, now!
Thanks Brooklyn. Probably will be an English pipe as that’s what I mostly enjoy. Maiden voyage will be something special like Margate or Fusiliers Ration Special Reserve or maybe a little Frog regular.

I agree the Pete green is the only pretty cool green pipe I’ve seen. But, what do I know, I have a Pete 606 Summertime, it’s blue and yellow and I love it.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Thanks Brooklyn. Probably will be an English pipe as that’s what I mostly enjoy. Maiden voyage will be something special like Margate or Fusiliers Ration Special Reserve or maybe a little Frog regular.

I agree the Pete green is the only pretty cool green pipe I’ve seen. But, what do I know, I have a Pete 606 Summertime, it’s blue and yellow and I love it.
I love the 606. I have an irish harp 606 dedicated to McClelland 40th Anniversary. Smokes like a dream.
I agree about the green petes, have a tankard churchwarden in green.

Reactions: Kratsmoose

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Finally, getting to relax with my new pipe. First smoke is Balkan Supreme. Smokes very easily. I can see this just getting better with age. The pipe and the tobacco. Getting used to a deep bend pipe will take some time. So far so good, I think I may become a Peterson fan (says he with one smoke, I know I should wait a while to make that claim, but I’m enthusiastic and optimistic).

Status
Not open for further replies.