PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Welcome from the Pacific NW.
I've been to Spain several times, spent a few weeks living with local families while taking Spanish courses in Salamanca and Grenada. Really like it there. Hope to go back.

Rekoj

Lurker
Jan 26, 2022
Welcome from Fresno, CA! I have never been to Columbia but Spain is a beautiful country.

Did you grow up seeing old men smoke pipes in Columbia? It was a rare sight in California growing up in the 80s and 90s, but when I spotted a pipe the aroma was always intriguing, not to mention the peaceful look on the face of the smoker.:ROFLMAO:
My grandfather and father were pipe smokers. and I started with a pipe that belonged to my father.

Rekoj

Lurker
Jan 26, 2022
Bienvenido desde el noroeste del Pacífico.
He estado en España varias veces, pasé algunas semanas viviendo con familias locales mientras tomaba cursos de español en Salamanca y Granada. Realmente me gusta allí. Espero volver.
He estado viviendo más de 20 años. Es un país donde se vive muy bien.

Reactions: romaso

Rekoj

Lurker
Jan 26, 2022
Pues amigo, disfrutas de un país con cultura tabacalera, un buen número de estancos, excelentes artesanos de la pipa, muchos clubs de pipa y el tabaco más barato del mundo. Felicidades.
no está mal, pero comparado con USA la cultura del tabaco va muy por detrás y ahora mas con tanta restriccion mucho más.

Rekoj

Lurker
Jan 26, 2022
In USA is more expensive and more difficult to get tobacco
Really! Well, they make it more complicated every time everywhere... In Spain they already limit you to what is sold in tobacconists, if you buy tobacco outside it is lucky. What is clear is that in the USA there is more culture (if there is even a University!), more literature etc... in Spanish it is more limited.

Reactions: Chris81
Status
Not open for further replies.