PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
Welcome from northern Wisconsin. Good to see people from around the world coming together over a pipe filled with tobacco.

Reactions: Red1K

Red1K

Lurker
Sep 8, 2020
Singapore
Greetings, Can anyone help me out on this? I bought an Erinmore Flake round tin, and I found out something different with the logo...Am i getting the real deal or is this their new packaging..?

Attachments

• 15996590530774406904403284876757.jpg
    15996590530774406904403284876757.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: mingc

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Warning labels have been mandated by law in various places, so it could be your government or the exporting nation that requires these big patches of print. It certainly reduces the romance of the tin art, whether it is just the flourishes of a typeface or actual visual images of whales and frogs and such that some brands have offered in the past. It looks like a standard Erinmore tin defaced by a warning label in the usual way. I'm seeing that a lot, everywhere these days.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Another welcome from Louisiana!

Greetings, Can anyone help me out on this? I bought an Erinmore Flake round tin, and I found out something different with the logo...Am i getting the real deal or is this their new packaging..?
I’ll check my tin when I get home, but I do not see the pineapple at the crest of the logo ? Maybe the logo changed and I didn’t notice. ?‍♂️

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Hello to the new guy on the other side of the world, surely our gain! I take it that you don't like Lakeland scenting. But perhaps try the other blends they make that are not cased? Revor Plug and Conniston Cut Plug, for example. Some sauce but not strongly so.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
I believe this is the EU packaging. I assume they got rid of the pineapple logo to comply with the rule against describing or suggesting what it might contain.

Red1K

Lurker
Sep 8, 2020
Singapore
Hello to the new guy on the other side of the world, surely our gain! I take it that you don't like Lakeland scenting. But perhaps try the other blends they make that are not cased? Revor Plug and Conniston Cut Plug, for example. Some sauce but not strongly so.
Good day sir, my experience with Ennerdale was really a bad one. I couldnt train my palate to accept the soapy flowery flakes as is. Hahahaaha. I also couldnt finish my jar of Bobs Chocolate Flake. Since then, i shy away from Gawith.

• Haha
Reactions: jpmcwjr and mingc
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
So I checked my tins when I got home. They all look like yours:
4E7FCE50-1D63-4934-9CF2-CB49C2577B9F.jpeg

I believe this is the EU packaging. I assume they got rid of the pineapple logo to comply with the rule against describing or suggesting what it might contain.
It might indeed have something to do with that. I guess I never noticed when the label changed. ?‍♂️

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I would call Bob's light-moderate topping. Maybe set it back and give it a whirl later. You seem to know what you like, so don't mind me. Nice to know you're smoking a bowl, a light on so far away.

Red1K

Lurker
Sep 8, 2020
Singapore
Hi peeps, just wanna share wif u guys...there's a new pipe and tobacco shop in Singapore selling bulk tobacco as well. Its called TABAC101. I just bought these from them. IMG-20200911-WA0014.jpeg20200911_214042.jpg

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Oh, ah. well! I scanned the first photo and thought, now that's a guy who doesn't mess around- buys 50 jars at once!—but then I saw the other photo. Good! Is the lighter fluid or butane?

• Haha

Red1K

Lurker
Sep 8, 2020
Singapore
Oh, ah. well! I scanned the first photo and thought, now that's a guy who doesn't mess around- buys 50 jars at once!—but then I saw the other photo. Good! Is the lighter fluid or butane?
Its Tsubota Pearl, Japanese made Butane lighter sir. I'll be more than happy to bring back the 50 jars...Hahahahaa....

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I've not noticed the Pearl before...I am a fan of IM Corona and Kiribi, so I better add this maker to my stable, no? :)

Please tell what your impression of this is. Can you compare it to other brands?

OH, now I see I've put the image of a fluid Pearl up: "Japanese Oil Lighter BOLBO Made in Japan Nickel Satin Stylish Design"

51PAulunsfL._AC_SL1030_.jpg

I couldn't readily find the butane version of this lighter. Very handsome! The capping system would make it leak less fuel than Zippos, I think.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Red1K

Lurker
Sep 8, 2020
Singapore
I've not noticed the Pearl before...I am a fan of IM Corona and Kiribi, so I better add this maker to my stable, no? :)

Please tell what your impression of this is. Can you compare it to other brands?

OH, now I see I've put the image of a fluid Pearl up: "Japanese Oil Lighter BOLBO Made in Japan Nickel Satin Stylish Design"

51PAulunsfL._AC_SL1030_.jpg
This is my first Pipe Lighter, and so, its a fluid type...hahahaa...now then i know...btw it strikes well on every attempt...a good buy i should say..!

Status
Not open for further replies.