PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from central North Carolina, U.S. I was in your part of the world decades ago, but didn't make port in Singapore, but did so in Taiwan and Hong Kong and various ports in Vietnam. This was a Navy hitch. They did tell me I'd see the world. Are there good pipe and tobacco shops in Singapore? It is such a crossroads to the world, I would think they might have almost any brand or blend.

Reactions: Red1K

Red1K

Lurker
Sep 8, 2020
Singapore
Welcome from central North Carolina, U.S. I was in your part of the world decades ago, but didn't make port in Singapore, but did so in Taiwan and Hong Kong and various ports in Vietnam. This was a Navy hitch. They did tell me I'd see the world. Are there good pipe and tobacco shops in Singapore? It is such a crossroads to the world, I would think they might have almost any brand or blend.
Good Day sir, there are basically two shops that I knew of, carries pipes and tobaccos, OAK CELLARS and HABANOS. Both shops can be found in Downtown Singapore. It also sells good wines and cigars. For tobaccos, only a few brands can be found, i'd say Peterson, W.O Larsen, MacBaren and maybe some other aromatics. For pipes, names such as Dunhill, Rattrays, BigBen, Peterson can be found here. A few months back, OTC pouches and Rollies such as Amphora, Captain Black, Macbaren and Seven Seas can be found in some Indian grocerers but not anymore. It can be very lonely here as a pipe enthusiasts. Sigh.
Do take note that their online websites does not show pipes and tobaccos. But if you happen to be here in Singapore, do drop by to their Brick and Mortar for your piping needs. ( Oak Cellars, Habanos )

charf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
Welcome. I was in Singapore in December and the only pipe shop I found was in the Marina Bay Sands. At the airport I saw only Davidoff pipe tobacco. Almost as hard to buy pipe tobacco as New Zealand!

Red1K

Lurker
Sep 8, 2020
Singapore
Welcome. I was in Singapore in December and the only pipe shop I found was in the Marina Bay Sands. At the airport I saw only Davidoff pipe tobacco. Almost as hard to buy pipe tobacco as New Zealand!
Yes Sir! Just head down to Downtown Singapore, Suntec City. Habanos. Screenshot_20200909-110144_Maps.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.