PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Two important things I have learned in this life: Never lose your sense of wonder nor your sense of the ridiculous. A day with out laughter is a day without sunshine. Thanks for the warm welcome. BTW I maintain my own apartment and am not in a nursing home.
also known as paying attention. :) Seriously if you think about it there is enough wonder in your own body and how it functions to last a whole life time and not even talking about fun things to do with it. Talking like stuff like that's how muscles move and how we get gases from the air into our blood and then around our body.
A sense of humor is key to not taking a long walk off a short pier. Plus the fact that silly can release those kinds of chemicals in our bodies is just a real gift, a gift worth using.

Reactions: feydeyev

feydeyev

Lurker
Jul 6, 2021
also known as paying attention. :) Seriously if you think about it there is enough wonder in your own body and how it functions to last a whole life time and not even talking about fun things to do with it. Talking like stuff like that's how muscles move and how we get gases from the air into our blood and then around our body.
A sense of humor is key to not taking a long walk off a short pier. Plus the fact that silly can release those kinds of chemicals in our bodies is just a real gift, a gift worth using.
Thank you Anotherbob. It appears we may have many philosophies in common or, at the least, shared. Happy to know you.

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob

feydeyev

Lurker
Jul 6, 2021
Another poet-philosopher of the pipe. . .welcome!
Ah yes, the never-ending debate that forms the Platonic dialogues. Bertrand Russell is a literary hero of mine from my teens. One really needs a good brandy and a fine tobacco to fully enter the discussion. Thanks for the greeting, Saltedplug.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yeah, that's a Savinelli 601 my wife gave me Christmas about eleven years ago. It is unfiltered and a smooth smoker. The hat is from Turkey, a gift from my world trotting sister, and someone on Forums correctly identified my attire as a bathrobe ... in Black Watch plaid...Christmas morning you see.

• Haha
Reactions: mau1

GothPiper

Might Stick Around
Jun 28, 2021
Las Vegas, NV
Welcome from fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada!

I too was lured in to this hobby by that distinctive pipe aroma. There the memory lingered for many years before I was motivated to begin exploring. But once that cat is out of the bag... well, I'm sure many here will understand ;)

Reactions: feydeyev
Status
Not open for further replies.