PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

feydeyev

Lurker
Jul 6, 2021
I am a 76 year old non-binary person who has been smoking a pipe since I was 18. My father and grandfather each smoked pipes and I grew up with a wonderful aroma of pipe smoke in our home. I rotate my pipes daily and look forward to getting to my Gandalf pipe in the rotation. I am a retired journalist and editor having worked on newspapers across Canada and the US as well as in Europe. BTW I am also a gourmet home chef. Thank you for accepting my application.

Mtlpiper

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2019
Montreal, QC
Gourmet cooking and pipe smoking eh? That sounds like retirement done right. I think there may be a few other ex-journo's and editorial folk here. I spent some time at FT (London) myself for a few years.

Welcome from Montréal.

Reactions: Kal and feydeyev

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
I am a 76 year old non-binary person who has been smoking a pipe since I was 18. My father and grandfather each smoked pipes and I grew up with a wonderful aroma of pipe smoke in our home. I rotate my pipes daily and look forward to getting to my Gandalf pipe in the rotation. I am a retired journalist and editor having worked on newspapers across Canada and the US as well as in Europe. BTW I am also a gourmet home chef. Thank you for accepting my application.
Welcome from North Carolina. My daughter is graduating from University this December and her wish is to travel to Toronto and Montreal for her graduation present. Can’t blame her, it looks beautiful from what I’ve seen online.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
not sure what non-binary person is but probably no weirder then the things people consider normal (few things are, heck life is not normal most planets don't even bother with it) and gourmet home chef give me an image of a nursing home but everyone is wearing toques.
Oh hi and I am a goofball but don't blame me I'am not responsible for the general absurdity of life (for example if you don't go unconscious regularly and have these vivid hallucinations called dreams it is really bad for you. That's pretty absurd and trust me no one consulted me about that one).

feydeyev

Lurker
Jul 6, 2021
Gourmet cooking and pipe smoking eh? That sounds like retirement done right. I think there may be a few other ex-journo's and editorial folk here. I spent some time at FT (London) myself for a few years.

Welcome from Montréal.
Thank you. I look forward to meeting other pipe loving members with similar interests.

feydeyev

Lurker
Jul 6, 2021
Welcome from North Carolina. My daughter is graduating from University this December and her wish is to travel to Toronto and Montreal for her graduation present. Can’t blame her, it looks beautiful from what I’ve seen online.
Toronto is the most multicultural city in Canada and Montreal is flooded with history and tradition. Lots to see and do in both cities. Contact visitor bureaus early on to get all the literature and maps she'll need forwarded to you by mail.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from central North Carolina, just visited by tropical storm Elsa. I love Toronto -- the Ontario Art Museum, the broadcast tower, the large black squirrels, Toronto Island in chilly March, etc.

Reactions: feydeyev

feydeyev

Lurker
Jul 6, 2021
not sure what non-binary person is but probably no weirder then the things people consider normal (few things are, heck life is not normal most planets don't even bother with it) and gourmet home chef give me an image of a nursing home but everyone is wearing toques.
Oh hi and I am a goofball but don't blame me I'am not responsible for the general absurdity of life (for example if you don't go unconscious regularly and have these vivid hallucinations called dreams it is really bad for you. That's pretty absurd and trust me no one consulted me about that one).
Two important things I have learned in this life: Never lose your sense of wonder nor your sense of the ridiculous. A day with out laughter is a day without sunshine. Thanks for the warm welcome. BTW I maintain my own apartment and am not in a nursing home.

feydeyev

Lurker
Jul 6, 2021
Welcome from central North Carolina, just visited by tropical storm Elsa. I love Toronto -- the Ontario Art Museum, the broadcast tower, the large black squirrels, Toronto Island in chilly March, etc.
Happy that you enjoyed your visit to our beautiful city. Do come again. The Islands are warmer in July and August.

feydeyev

Lurker
Jul 6, 2021
Love your Gandalf pipe. Mine is one of my favourites.

Reactions: anotherbob
Status
Not open for further replies.