Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

feydeyev

Lurker
Jul 6, 2021
Yeah, that's a Savinelli 601 my wife gave me Christmas about eleven years ago. It is unfiltered and a smooth smoker. The hat is from Turkey, a gift from my world trotting sister, and someone on Forums correctly identified my attire as a bathrobe ... in Black Watch plaid...Christmas morning you see.
Wonderful story. Best wishes sent your way.

feydeyev

Lurker
Jul 6, 2021
Welcome from fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada!

I too was lured in to this hobby by that distinctive pipe aroma. There the memory lingered for many years before I was motivated to begin exploring. But once that cat is out of the bag... well, I'm sure many here will understand ;)
Thanks for the welcome from Las Vegas, Gothpiper. Yes, there is a distinctive lure inherent in the aroma of good tobacco smoked in a well-seasoned, well-aged, quality pipe. I was hooked at an early age having grown up with pipe smokers.

feydeyev

Lurker
Jul 6, 2021
Welcome from Edmonton! My daughter did her Master’s at the UofT. The graduation present I gave her when she finished her BA was a train ticket she wanted to travel from Vancouver to Toronto. A wonderful start to a an adventure in Toronto!
I have done that train trip. It was very exciting, educational and fun. Travelling alone, you meet the most interesting people and may even find a new friend. Your daughter is a very lucky girl, Augiebd

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
I am a 76 year old non-binary person who has been smoking a pipe since I was 18. My father and grandfather each smoked pipes and I grew up with a wonderful aroma of pipe smoke in our home. I rotate my pipes daily and look forward to getting to my Gandalf pipe in the rotation. I am a retired journalist and editor having worked on newspapers across Canada and the US as well as in Europe. BTW I am also a gourmet home chef. Thank you for accepting my application.
Welcome from Buffalo N. Y. Area, are you familiar with Calich pipes once made near Toronto ?

Reactions: feydeyev

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome from Florida. When I was a kid I went to Toronto. I was from Boston and I could not believe how clean Toronto was compared to Boston. It looked like you could eat off the streets it was so amazing.

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
Welcome from Monterey California. I used to travel to Toronto Harborfront with WOMAD bringing musicians from different world traditions back in the 1980s. Wonderful city, lovely memories.

feydeyev

Lurker
Jul 6, 2021
Welcome from Florida. When I was a kid I went to Toronto. I was from Boston and I could not believe how clean Toronto was compared to Boston. It looked like you could eat off the streets it was so amazing.
Thanks Cigrmaster for the welcome. Glad you enjoyed your visit to our beautiful city which is noted to be the most diverse, multicultural city in Canada. Please visit us anytime to enjoy our many parks and our cultural mosaic.

feydeyev

Lurker
Jul 6, 2021
Welcome from Monterey California. I used to travel to Toronto Harborfront with WOMAD bringing musicians from different world traditions back in the 1980s. Wonderful city, lovely memories.
Thanks for the welcome Uncle. Yes, the WOMAD Festival was always a cultural highlight of summer in Toronto. Thank you for your participation in its success.

jwussow

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 7, 2021
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
I am a 76 year old non-binary person who has been smoking a pipe since I was 18. My father and grandfather each smoked pipes and I grew up with a wonderful aroma of pipe smoke in our home. I rotate my pipes daily and look forward to getting to my Gandalf pipe in the rotation. I am a retired journalist and editor having worked on newspapers across Canada and the US as well as in Europe. BTW I am also a gourmet home chef. Thank you for accepting my application.
Welcome! I am an adopted Leafs fan! I actually consider Toronto my second home, and my favorite big city in North America. I am not retired, but love to cook as well!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Please put your location in your Profile as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.

Status
Not open for further replies.