6 Fresh Ardor Pipes
3 Fresh Yuwei Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

hauntedmyst

Preferred Member
Feb 1, 2010
Welcome to the forum from Chicago! I enjoyed your channel coast last summer. It was beautiful.

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, U.S. I'm fascinated by the Chunnel and its construction, and the fact that there is a huge digging machine buried under the tracks, that was used to dig the Chunnel and then dig its way under the channel floor to spare the expense of extracting it. Also, the son of a friend of mine worked with one of the contractors on the project.

marconi

May 17, 2019
England
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, U.S. I'm fascinated by the Chunnel and its construction, and the fact that there is a huge digging machine buried under the tracks, that was used to dig the Chunnel and then dig its way under the channel floor to spare the expense of extracting it. Also, the son of a friend of mine worked with one of the contractors on the project.
You might be interested in 'Crossrail' a 26mile tunnel being dug under London for a new rail line, using the same machines.There is a really good documentary series on BBC Iplayer and You Tube.The chief civil engineer on the project is an American women Linda Miller she is also doing the Sydney Metro.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

halfdan

Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
One of the Channel Tunnel boring machines was made in Chesterfield.

mikethompson

Preferred Member
Jun 26, 2016
Welcome from Ontario Canada!

Your pipe journey is very personal, and what works for you may not work for me, and vice versa. Experimentation is key. Good luck and ask any questions you like!

cigrmaster

Preferred Member
May 26, 2012
United States
Welcome from Florida. If you can get your hands on the following I think you will enjoy them:
Capstan Blue Flake
Solani 660 Silver flake and 633
Mac Baren Old Dark Fired
Fribourg & Treyer Cut Virginia Plug

mawnansmiff

Preferred Member
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"So I have been informed! But Google still can't find it."

Alas John, Google isn't the 'save all' that we all thought it was.

I too used to think they had answers to everything but of course most of it is now run by AI so therefore minimal human input which of course introduces blanks.....or worse still, downright errors!

PS: I miss your old avatar John but my neighbour Alan would be delighted with your new one as he's a Spurs nut 😆

Stay safe all,

Regards,

Jay. 😷