PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, U.S. I'm fascinated by the Chunnel and its construction, and the fact that there is a huge digging machine buried under the tracks, that was used to dig the Chunnel and then dig its way under the channel floor to spare the expense of extracting it. Also, the son of a friend of mine worked with one of the contractors on the project.

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, U.S. I'm fascinated by the Chunnel and its construction, and the fact that there is a huge digging machine buried under the tracks, that was used to dig the Chunnel and then dig its way under the channel floor to spare the expense of extracting it. Also, the son of a friend of mine worked with one of the contractors on the project.
You might be interested in 'Crossrail' a 26mile tunnel being dug under London for a new rail line, using the same machines.There is a really good documentary series on BBC Iplayer and You Tube.The chief civil engineer on the project is an American women Linda Miller she is also doing the Sydney Metro.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
One of the Channel Tunnel boring machines was made in Chesterfield.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome from Florida. If you can get your hands on the following I think you will enjoy them:
Capstan Blue Flake
Solani 660 Silver flake and 633
Mac Baren Old Dark Fired
Fribourg & Treyer Cut Virginia Plug

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome Jay#3, from sunny Cornwall.

"Google Maps can't find Mor Bretannek"

John, mor Bretannek is Cornish for English Channel!

Regards,,

Jay.?
So I have been informed! But Google still can't find it.

Besides I am more interested in living IN the English Channel, or "La Manche" as the French call it.

Reactions: mawnansmiff

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"So I have been informed! But Google still can't find it."

Alas John, Google isn't the 'save all' that we all thought it was.

I too used to think they had answers to everything but of course most of it is now run by AI so therefore minimal human input which of course introduces blanks.....or worse still, downright errors!

PS: I miss your old avatar John but my neighbour Alan would be delighted with your new one as he's a Spurs nut ?

Stay safe all,

Regards,

Jay. ?

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
There's nothing wrong with Ennerdale; a lot of guys smoke it. but as a n00b I would smoke natural tobacco first and then aromatic. Train first to find out what tastes tobacco, in general, provides, and then the more complex taste of the added flavorings. Ennerdale is one of the most highly flavored tobaccos out there. But no harm done. A lot of guys start with aromatics.

Mar 1, 2014
Fantastic introduction Jay.

Didn't even need to be "converted" to the Lakeland side (it's like being a Sith Lord, only instead of dark magic you wield powerful essences with the ability to repel vein pipe collectors and send them fleeing from the building).
If you've already come to grips with Ennerdale there won't be much you can't handle. The world's your playground.

Mar 1, 2014
Right, a good strategy is to treat Tobacco the same as you would anything else that tickles your tastebuds. Try to familiarize yourself with the base components, then you can recognize the nuance of a blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.