PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Hello Pipe Smoking Friends,

Recently joined the Pipe Smoking community and feeling very good about it.

I am enjoying the pipe smoking experience and everything that goes with it. Looking forward to communicating with people from all over the world with different levels of experience and knowleadge.
Wow, when you say South Africa, you aren't kidding, right there at the tip! Welcome aboard from Central Kentucky!

Reactions: Jooste

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hello Pipe Smoking Friends,

Recently joined the Pipe Smoking community and feeling very good about it.

I am enjoying the pipe smoking experience and everything that goes with it. Looking forward to communicating with people from all over the world with different levels of experience and knowleadge.

welcome to the forum!

My in-laws have been to SA twice and love it there.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I'm very glad that you mention it - I was looking to purchase some of their houseblends. Are they good?
Oh yes! And they're quite sui generis, being made mostly from raw leaf. I had a sampler of several and the two that stood out were the balkan and the golden blend. Absolutely superb. Naturally, under the best conditions, the post from SA to the USA takes months. I might still have a bowl or two of something left. Good suggestion for something completely different!

Jooste

Lurker
Dec 22, 2020
Cape Town, South Africa
...Naturally, under the best conditions, the post from SA to the USA takes months. I might still have a bowl or two of something left. Good suggestion for something completely different!...

Awesome - Then it is decided. I will try it. Thank you for your suggestion.

Next time you order, ask Colin (the person that will handle your order) to maybe Express International it with FedEx.

Reactions: greeneyes

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Awesome - Then it is decided. I will try it. Thank you for your suggestion.

Next time you order, ask Colin (the person that will handle your order) to maybe Express International it with FedEx.
Oh yes, I have emailed with Colin, and the whole crew! I get the newsletter still. Figuring out the payment was the trick as paypal was somewhat restricted in SA in those days but we worked it out.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
If I may ask, how do you know about Wesleys and Jock?
A few of us are students of the old style of tobacciana of the late 19th - early 20th Century. I was searching for a contemporary source for the famous Rhodesian tobaccos of those days, and naturally one thing lead to another. This is from a catalog from 1935.
Clipboard01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.