PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Stage 1 of this horror show of a move is complete. Packing and sorting, what to keep, what to donate, what to give away, and what to dump. Nearly 10 months of weekends of this horrible process, getting rid of 2/3rds of everything. Carefully packing, especially the antique lamps and rare books to withstand a bomb blast, engaging a highly recommended moving company that’s fucked up one thing after another, and letting go of the results.
Had a marvelous send off dinner with close friends, a terrific farewell lunch from the production, dozens of phone calls as I frantically packed the final boxes for the movers.
I packed the van like an Okie fleeing the dust bowl, pots falling on me every time I needed to apply the brakes, dodging brain donor drivers who think lanes are a theoretical concept, tailgating testosterone cases driving trucks they can’t control, and made it here with everything I took intact, and unpacked the contents.
I’m thoroughly fried.
Stage 2 begins when the movers show up.
I will never do this again. If I have to move I’ll stack everything, douse it with gasoline and set it on fire.
Do yourself a favor and go through your “treasures” and cull mercilessly.
In the middle of this final week I was contacted about giving an interview for a documentary commemorating the 40th anniversary of Something Wicked This Way Comes, which was a nice break from the shitshow. It’s supposed to be screened in October.

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
Stage 1 of this horror show of a move is complete. Packing and sorting, what to keep, what to donate, what to give away, and what to dump. Nearly 10 months of weekends of this horrible process, getting rid of 2/3rds of everything. Carefully packing, especially the antique lamps and rare books to withstand a bomb blast, engaging a highly recommended moving company that’s fucked up one thing after another, and letting go of the results.
Had a marvelous send off dinner with close friends, a terrific farewell lunch from the production, dozens of phone calls as I frantically packed the final boxes for the movers.
I packed the van like an Okie fleeing the dust bowl, pots falling on me every time I needed to apply the brakes, dodging brain donor drivers who think lanes are a theoretical concept, tailgating testosterone cases driving trucks they can’t control, and made it here with everything I took intact, and unpacked the contents.
I’m thoroughly fried.
I will never do this again. If I have to move I’ll stack everything, douse it with gasoline and set it on fire.
In the middle of this final week I was contacted about giving an interview for a documentary commemorating the 40th anniversary of Something Wicked This Way Comes, which was a nice break from the shitshow. It’s supposed to be screened in October.
Sounds like you need a smoke my friend! Puff and be glad you're alive and free, but yes moving sucks! Every time I've moved I reminisce on the days of yore with a liquor box full of belongings and $10 in my pocket.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Enquiring minds need to know, who was trusted with moving the pipes and tobacco, you or the moving men? Congratulations on the move. I believe a quieter, more peaceful life is ahead given your new location.
No fucking way am I letting movers near my pipes and tobaccos. If I ever released my titanic Esoterica holdings onto the secondary market China’s economy would implode.

Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
No fucking way am I letting movers near my pipes and tobaccos. If I ever released my titanic Esoterica holdings onto the secondary market China’s economy would implode.
If that were true, I would soooo strongly suggest it then! 🤣

Grandpa, we're studying the downfall of China in class today but nothing really pinpoints the reasons why China collapsed? Was it a great war? A virus? A...

Pipers, my dear boy....it was pipers.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I’m thoroughly fried.
Love that movie, saw it as a twenty something when it came out. My girls ended up loving it as well. Always been a Jason Robards fan. Saw him when I was at a summer institute in the Chicago area in a little play called “Hughie” - cool to see him in an intimate venue on stage.