PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Strange thing, would have hoped that Mediterranian folks are more relaxed.

Common misconception, don't confuse being lax with laws and rules as being relaxed - in fact I think it partly due to being lax with rules that people over here are always on edge. For me Scandinavians, Dutch, Germans are far more relaxed than anyone from the Mediterranean will ever be, because you guys know that there is a pretty strong and safe legal/social frame around you :)

Reactions: BROBS

Duke of Erinmore

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2020
Bayreuth, Bavaria, Germany
Common misconception, don't confuse being lax with laws and rules as being relaxed - in fact I think it partly due to being lax with rules that people over here are always on edge. For me Scandinavians, Dutch, Germans are far more relaxed than anyone from the Mediterranean will ever be, because you guys know that there is a pretty strong and safe legal/social frame around you :)
Interesting observation - probably the grass is always greener on the other side. I see Germans as quite obsessed with rules and public order, but on the other hand if something is not explicitly regulated they just do what pleases them.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Now based on your words I'm discovering this is what observing happening in Russia

Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
I am not proud to say that, but when it comes to Business, Germans mostly tend to behave as of they „kinda own the place“ ?
That was meant in humor 2 of my bosses are German and they are both great guys and bosses. The business theory varies a little from us to germany but most of the german people i have come in contact with are very nice people

Duke of Erinmore

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2020
That was meant in humor 2 of my bosses are German and they are both great guys and bosses. The business theory varies a little from us to germany but most of the german people i have come in contact with are very nice people

Got it. personally since I work in an international Company I tend to be a bit over-critical of the German style in business because we could really learn a lot more from other countries...

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Got it. personally since I work in an international Company I tend to be a bit over-critical of the German style in business because we could really learn a lot more from other countries...
Based on my experience over the years with deutsch, I have come to realize that generally speaking Germen, whatever they do they usually tend doing it efficiently,accurately and quick,my kudos to them

Duke of Erinmore

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2020
Willkommen im Forum!

...which is the extent of my German, except to ask for another Bitburger. Or the WC.
Thanks!

Fun fact: The commercial slogan of Bitburger "Bitte ein Bit" ("Please a bit" - nice ambiguity when you translate it to english btw) is one of the most successful yet definitely the cheapest in German advertising history. It was not created by a top agency, the story is that an unknown waiter in an unknown restaurant always used to say "Bitte ein Bit" to the barman when he had got an order for a Bitburger. By coincidence, the head of the Bitburger brewery overheard that, liked it for its simplicity and introduced is as slogan. This was in 1951 - the slogan is still in use!

PS: As Munich native, I don't touch that stuff ;)

Duke of Erinmore

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2020
Loving North German Pilseners, I know folks in Süd Deutschland aren't not too crazy'about them
It depends. For example I love the Stralsunder Pils (very North German). I just don't like most of the large factory beers (but same goes for Paulaner even though it's from Munich).

But when it comes to Pils in general, I prefer the Czechs

Status
Not open for further replies.