PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke of Erinmore

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2020
Bayreuth, Bavaria, Germany
Good evening (yes, it's 8:35 pm CET) fellow pipe smokers!

My name is Stefan, I am a 41 year old Munich native and am currently living in Bayreuth (maybe any Wagner aficionados here who might know this sleepy place?). I work as a webmaster for an electricity grid operator.

I have been a pipe smoker since high school, and then on and off over the next 25 years, and also during the longer breaks kept my collection of bowls (somewhere in the lower 3 digits) and a few vintage blends. My favourite tobacco is my namesake, the original Erinmore by Murray's (I don't touch the current stuff), and I'm the happiest of all campers when I can get my hands on a sealed tin. Apart from that, I appreciate Lakelands and strong Latakia blends. Thankfully, we have got great artisan tobacco blenders like HU in Germany that create really awesome stuff.

Looking forward to pleasant chats with this really international crowd!

Kind regards, Stefan

PS: I am not a native English speaker, and as I work in an international company with lots of other non-natives, I am quite fluent in wrong English, so please be patient if I make any mistakes...

WacoOne

Lurker
Jul 7, 2020
Waco, TX
ericguel.com

My name is Stefan, I am a 41 year old Munich native and am currently living in Bayreuth (maybe any Wagner aficionados here who might know this sleepy place?). I work as a webmaster for an electricity grid operator.

I have been a pipe smoker since high school, and then on and off over the next 25 years, and also during the longer breaks kept my collection of bowls (somewhere in the lower 3 digits) and a few vintage blends. My favourite tobacco is my namesake, the original Erinmore by Murray's (I don't touch the current stuff), and I'm the happiest of all campers when I can get my hands on a sealed tin. Apart from that, I appreciate Lakelands and strong Latakia blends. Thankfully, we have got great artisan tobacco blenders like HU in Germany that create really awesome stuff.

Kind regards, Stefan

PS: I am not a native English speaker, and as I work in an international company with lots of other non-natives, I am quite fluent in wrong English, so please be patient if I make any mistakes...

Welcome from Texas! Your english is great, brother.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Welcome from Louisiana.

I just received a tobacco order from Germany that included three different HU tobacco blends - Hadde's Best Irish, Tillerman and Chinas Heaven. I'm smoking some of the Tillerman as I type this and wishing I would have bought more than one tin.

What would your recommendation be for my next HU order?

Reactions: Duke of Erinmore

Spavilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 6, 2020
Gulf Coast of Florida
Welcome Stefan! I am a new member too. What a great place to share our common interest in leaf and pipe. I hail from the Gulf Coast of Florida and have hosted many wonderful German citizens at my micro-resort, Spavilla. Keep us posted of your endeavors. - Franco

Duke of Erinmore

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2020
Bayreuth, Bavaria, Germany
What would your recommendation be for my next HU order?

Hi pappymac from Perique Country :)

I would say it depends on your preferences. If you can stand some flavour, I would definitely recommend the Daddy Gefftl - it's really unique and my favourite HU blend.

From the African Line I can recommend the Khoisaan (and of course the - also in avilability - Penzance-like Fayyum Cake.

Best, Stefan

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle

Kind regards, Stefan

‘Hello from Florida! Had several wonderful visits to Munich and Oberammergau. Beautiful part of the world!

(Don’t worry- your English is better than mine. And I was born here! ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.