PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I would blame UPS before SPC, a little paper wouldn't of helped protect that package.

What I find interesting is that the label on this one tin came completely off the tin. Or did you inspect each tin before putting them back in the box?

View attachment 46740
Mistake in my last post. I should of looked closer at the label...I thought it was UPS. I've had issues with damaged packages with UPS, not so much with USPS. Either way it sucks and is unacceptable.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Man. Seriously sometimes I wonder why they even drop off packages in that condition. There should be a way the shipping companies can handle this before it arrives to the customer.

I mean, who wants to receive a package like this?

No one of course!

I digress. That sucks man, hopefully it will be taken care of for you.
not really at the volume of stuff they transport. The only feasible thing is to either charge an insane amount to ship or just accept that sometimes a box gets run over somewhere along the way. And honestly I've had package look worse then that and still have pristine contents so.....

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
If anyone thinks a little extra paper or bubble wrap was going to do anything there, go ahead and stack 4-5 filled tins and try to crush them like that with your foot.

It looks like a shipment of anvils fell over in the truck and this box happened to be the neighbour. Just bad luck.

Certainly not the vendor's fault. They also have to rely on a reasonable standard of care from the shipping company, lest you end up getting your tobacco mailed to you in wooden crates from now on. Which, I'm guessing will be the end of your free shipping in the United States.

Even then, shit happens.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
The tobacco will be fine, smoke it up!

Had they been in firm sleeves, the damage would have been less, most likely, but not enough to withstand whatever walloped that box.

glassjapan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2017
Go back and look at the pictures.

The box is barely dented on one side. Yes, the tins are all smashed to shit, but the box isn't. That tells you something.

But hey, some folks want to give SP a pass for packing those tins with prayers and unicorn farts for protection, good luck with your next order!

Reactions: mingc
Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
I have a hard time believing that your box left SP.com like that.Maybe they have a rogue employee.
All my packages from them have been made up first rate.I should be getting another package from them this weekend's we'll see what happens.My two orders in the past two weeks were expertly packed, also.
In the past week,3 bags of un-opened letter mail were found by a contractor at a construction site here where I live.So the USPS seems to also have rogue employees.That's a pity.I like the USPS.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
All I’m saying is that you are lucky you ordered with SPC as it would be a total lost cause trying to get the post office to pay for damages. It’s hard enough doing that if the package is certified or insured. Also, try to find someone accountable in the post office, there is just nowhere to point the finger but of course it was their fault, they would just shrug their shoulders... “Next in line!” It’s just nice that SPC was kind enough to empathize with you and offer to send you new tins.

Reactions: anotherbob

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
In looking at the box, while the area of the label has been punctured, I do not see anything that would translate to the extreme deformation of the tins.

The tins themselves look like they were stacked up and placed in a press. Placing a box of tins like that in a press would leave the cardboard of the box creased like a bellows, and I’m not seeing that damage.

Mr.Pink

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2020
Chicago IL
I have never received ANY Tabacco from SP packaged like this. USPS had to have opened this box to "inspect" the damage they did. Removed the brown paper packing the tobacco is usually secured in , shoved the tins back in the tapped it back up, and sent it your way. The problem is I am not a fan of the red flake...you will definitely get your money back, but they are sold out of CRF . Unless they have a secret stash, possible. sucks :mad:

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
Go back and look at the pictures.

The box is barely dented on one side. Yes, the tins are all smashed to shit, but the box isn't. That tells you something.

But hey, some folks want to give SP a pass for packing those tins with prayers and unicorn farts for protection, good luck with your next order!
you know you're just wrong that box got jacked as in looks like the fork lift ripped a hole in the box. Nothing would have saved it.

Reactions: gerryp

JPremo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2020
Viva Las Vegas
I've had some damaged goods arrive from SP recently, I always get a nice chuckle seeing the fragile sticker bashed in on one side.

Glad to hear they're taking care of it, they've always been good about making things right.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
I've had some damaged goods arrive from SP recently, I always get a nice chuckle seeing the fragile sticker bashed in on one side.

Glad to hear they're taking care of it, they've always been good about making things right.
the fragile sticker is the most useless thing in the world. Honestly if you have a fragile package have little kids draw pictures on it and notes to grandma. Seriously I've heard that will work like fragile stickers do. That said I've gotten packages that I thought there was no way they'd arrive in good shape that did. You know packages I'd feel nervous driving across town with.