PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I love Louisiana and especially NOLA. I've lived there and I was seriously thinking of moving there to live down in the Quarter up until last year and if I decide to give the U.K a miss I might yet pitch up there. The life style is affordable, the people are friendly and the food is the most interesting and varied that you will ever encounter.
And, when we aren't closed down due to a pandemic, we have a decent pipe club.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Here in Slidell, we have getting bands of wind and clouds but little rain so far. Local radio says the winds are about 17 mph gusting to around 30 mph. We're just getting some of the outer bands.

One of my nephews works at a refinery in Port Arthur. He is part of the recovery crew from what I understand and can't go too far away in case he's needed.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
We live for the food, the music, the hunting and fishing, the festivals and most of all, the culture.

My fishing camp on the coast is 14 feet off the ground. Get exercise walking up and down. ;)
and statistically winters in PA are more fatal then things like hurricanes. Winter is a better serial killer on nice slip on ice here, bad driving conditions there, a heart attack from shoveling wet snow there. It adds up. Pretty much everywhere has it's up and downs at least sometimes they're obvious.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Looks like the shit is about to hit the fan. Y’all be safe down there in the southern part of the state. They’re predicting 70 mph winds in our area, but who knows. Looking’ like Rita 2.0

Reactions: BROBS

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Well...that was a hell of a storm...stayed a cat 3 even on land...this old boy has learned a valuable lesson after this storm and Hurricane Michael...you can't trust the storms to do as they used to do...now just better get the hell out and come back to what ever is left.

• Sad
Reactions: weezell and BROBS
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Well...that was a hell of a storm...stayed a cat 3 even on land...this old boy has learned a valuable lesson after this storm and Hurricane Michael...you can't trust the storms to do as they used to do...now just better get the hell out and come back to what ever is left.
It’s still gusting where I live, and stayed cat 1 just as far north as they said it would. I’m surprised. Looks like Lake Charles got hammered.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The fuel is supposed to be warm ocean water, but I've seen two that came inland and did damage. How they keep churning with no "food" I do not know. Usually, once over dry land, they peter out. It looks like the track skirts north of North Carolina across Virginia, according to the last tracking map I saw, but I think the winds should be blustery and not dangerous by then ... knock on wood (to awaken the nature spirits I guess). Louisiana people, safe passage, and be wary of the flooding after the winds die down. That is usually the worst hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.