PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2019
Lower Terrebonne
How is everybody doing? Franco, love the O'Brien joke in the OP. The joke goes by pretty fast, so it took me more than one reading for it to click. Watch the tidal surge and flooding. Send word.
Marco turned out to be a nothing-burger. It mostly fell apart before hitting land and created a lot of rain for the Florida panhandle. Laura is a completely different situation. Now headed for the La./Tex. state line and expected to be a Category 4 hurricane when it arrives. Rita devastated the area in 2005 as a Cat 3. Laura should create a lot of devastation from Lafayette, La to Houston Texas. My thoughts are with them!

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
One of our sons lives in Leesville about 60 miles north of Lake Charles and he had planned to ride out the storm until the National Hurricane Center said it was going to be a Cat 4 before it hit. Even with the expected weakening, it will probably be a Cat 2 storm when the eye gets to his area.

He and his kids are packing up and heading east to Mississippi and down to us.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
One of our sons lives in Leesville about 60 miles north of Lake Charles and he had planned to ride out the storm until the National Hurricane Center said it was going to be a Cat 4 before it hit. Even with the expected weakening, it will probably be a Cat 2 storm when the eye gets to his area.

He and his kids are packing up and heading east to Mississippi and down to us.
I think I heard one of the news stations saying it’s supposed to stay hurricane strength all the way to Shreveport, which is close to where I live. ?
That never happens, and I’d be hard pressed to believe this time will be any different, but some of the colleges around here are shutting down tomorrow and Friday. ?‍♂️

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think getting out of the track is a good idea. I think people sometimes feel it is some sort of concession, but you can't do much on site (I've been through a couple). Especially if you aren't facing sitting on the highway in a stationary line with others, getting out of the track makes sense.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I think I heard one of the news stations saying it’s supposed to stay hurricane strength all the way to Shreveport, which is close to where I live. ?
That never happens, and I’d be hard pressed to believe this time will be any different, but some of the colleges around here are shutting down tomorrow and Friday. ?‍♂️
I just check the track for my son and they have it as a Cat 1 when it hits Fort Polk/Leesville.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Good idea to get out of town...FAST...a cat 4 is not a survivable situation...worst I've been through was Andrew...watched tornadoes across the street from me...never forget that one!

Reactions: BROBS

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Over a 125MPH?
As you respond now things may have changed but I will stick with yes. You and many others have not heard much about it because it was in Iowa but if it was in a more populated area belive me, it would have received more attention "when the hound has pups".

43% of the states corn and soybean crops were affected, a 10 billion dollar industry.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I love Louisiana and especially NOLA. I've lived there and I was seriously thinking of moving there to live down in the Quarter up until last year and if I decide to give the U.K a miss I might yet pitch up there. The life style is affordable, the people are friendly and the food is the most interesting and varied that you will ever encounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.