PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipper

Lurker
Mar 20, 2021
Istanbul / Turkey
View attachment 71558
Welcome to the forum. What types and brands of pipe tobacco do you have in Turkey?
Normally there are 2 Turkish oriented historical brands ; Türk Pipo Tütünü ( since 1933) & Yayladağ Pipo Tütünü (Since 1955). And There is a new generation Brand named Bosphorus. It has different types aromatic pipe tobaccos that compounds of Virginia, Latakia, Cavendish, Turkish Oriental, Perique, Burley. Also there are MacBaren, Amphora, Captain Black, Borkum Riff pipe tobaccos. But i have to say that Pipe Tobaccos are selling without legality in tobacco shops.

pipper

Lurker
Mar 20, 2021
Istanbul / Turkey
"Merhaba" friend from across the sea. Welcome and may you enjoy your "pipo tütünü".
And yes, indeed: Istanbul is the city of cities.

Greetings from Athens.
Γειά σου Christos. Your welcome. I like Greece and Greeks. We have the same culture there is no difference between us. We enjoy smoking Pipes with Turkish&Greek Coffee :)

pipper

Lurker
Mar 20, 2021
Istanbul / Turkey
Welcome from Switzerland.

Istanbul is a great city, indeed. I also quite like Orhan Pamuk, especially his novel "The New Life". Of course the reading experience benefits quite a bit by being accompanied by a few bowls of tobacco and preferably some tea (no Turkish coffee for me, Sir).
If you like novels about istanbul and Ottoman Empire. I advise you "The Atlas of Misty Continents" who written by Ihsan Oktay Anar (My Favorite writer). Tea is also my favorite drink, especially i like "Golden Monkey Tea" but not with Pipe :)

If you like novels about istanbul and Ottoman Empire. I advise you "The Atlas of Misty Continents" who written by Ihsan Oktay Anar (My Favorite writer). Tea is also my favorite drink, especially i like "Golden Monkey Tea" but not with Pipe :)
I haven't read anything by Ihsan Oktay Anar yet but I will definitely add your suggestion on my "to read"-list. It sounds really interesting. Golden Monkey Tea is a premium product, indeed. Very good choice.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and mingc
Status
Not open for further replies.