PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Central Coast of California!

1620015127538.png
Please put your location in your Profile as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Welcome from the Central Coast of California!

View attachment 78147
Please put your location in your Profile as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.
Thanks for the welcome - I’ll add my location to my profile right now

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
"Hey" from central North Carolina. My wife is a native Missourian, and I went to school there, where I met her. (Got together decades later, long story.) Someone should do a directory of BBQ since it is so different from one region, state, or city, to another. My dirty secret is that I like many different versions of BBQ ... pork, beef, etc., and different sources. Our local BBQ is slow cooked pig over a wood fire basted with vinegar and red pepper flakes, and versions thereof. In Western N.C. they have a tomato sauce, which is also an excellent version. Texas beef BBQ is pretty wonderful done right. Etc. People shouldn't dispute but just ask for a sample everywhere they go, and then do the whole circuit again.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Hey mso489

I agree with you about BBQ
Basically I am yet to encounter a smoked beast I didn’t want to consume:)

I think @anotherbob summed things up well-

“if anyone gets into a fight about this subject I will be willing to judge a fair number of samples before declaring a tie.”

Reactions: anotherbob

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hey mso489

I agree with you about BBQ
Basically I am yet to encounter a smoked beast I didn’t want to consume:)

I think @anotherbob summed things up well-

“if anyone gets into a fight about this subject I will be willing to judge a fair number of samples before declaring a tie.”
Well if they insist that PA has the best then I'll still have to say they have no idea what they're talking about.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
With bragging rights and a competitive nature, you can say you scorn any BBQ you choose. Just don't miss a big plateful of any of it that is artfully done, and don't forget the seconds. Then scorn away. And maybe take an order home.

• Haha
Reactions: anotherbob

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I imagine every state has a restaurant or three or at least a bunch of individuals who make dynamite BBQ'd stuff.

Isn't the real argument whether it's vinegar based or tomato based???

Status
Not open for further replies.