PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabinfever

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2016
The old man says to the punks, "Get off my lawn!!"
You know the movie, you know the actor.

It's good to see so many other posts for Robert Duvall. He's not the chiseled feature hero that Clint, Wayne, or Harrison Ford is. He can play a hero, or a bad guy, or a romantic lead, but when he does, it's not idealized like one of the Hollywood chiseled guys are. It's like one of us is the hero, or bad guy, or romantic lead. He is more like the people I see around me.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Robert Duvall has been in great movies and stinkers. I've seen most all of his work, he never has shown me anything but the best he can do. And, the best he can do is better than any living actor. My opinion only, so it is unassailable and shouldn't start a debate.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Most any scene in Inglourious Basterds where Christoph Waltz' character Hans Landa is questioning someone. The tension created is awesome and fun to watch.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I hate to admit it, but it was that damned shark in Jaws. I've been around coastlines for years. I'd been to sea and watched 11 foot hammerheads coast under the ship. A kid on Midway Island disappeared off a Sunfish and was never found, though a suspect 14-foot tiger shark was harpooned. I was not a skittish soul. But the timing and drama, the withholding of the shark in many scenes, and the dragging under of its various victims, were done with perfect dramatic timing and tension. I started out knowing I was looking at a plastic dummy shark. Nonetheless, like watching a stage play or puppet show, once you suspend disbelief, the experience is realized. I was riveted, and much surprised that I was. Da-da, Da-da....

Status
Not open for further replies.