PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanada

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2014
Any scene from Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid with Newman and Redford.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
The Deal scene from There Will Be Blood. Daniel Day Lewis is fantastic in the whole film.

https://youtu.be/UdddIJd3bLc

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
A few of my favorites: The bar scene near the end of The Outlaw Josey Wales, where the bounty hunter comes back into the bar to face Josey. Also, the montage at the end of Jeremiah Johnson where he is fighting the Crow, one after another, the weariness on Redfords face when he hands Bear Claw the rabbit leg on that mountainside.....damn.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
True Romance (Walken and Hopper) is easily the first to come to mind.
Burton and Taylor
Tracy and Hepburn
Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr
Yul Brynner and Deborah Kerr
Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson in the Bucket list
I know it's cheesy, but I love Adam Sandler/Drew Barrymore films.

darthcider

Jan 24, 2014
Wales
The opening scenes of The Blues Brothers, when Elwood picks Jake up from prison and they are driving around.

Plus just about every single scene in that film.

Fantastic film.

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
I also love the interactions of Val Kilmer's "Doc Holiday" with Michael Biehn's "Johnny Ringo" in Tombstone. While I know that the "I'm your huckleberry" is probably the most quoted line, my favorite scene of the movie is when Doc and Ringo meet for the first time. The entire conversation in Latin (which you can find on YouTube translated) followed by the gun-handling display and mocking that. Amazing film.
Let's add a couple:

Marissa Tomei and Lane Smith - My Cousin Vinny and the vois dire over the Chevy ignition timing.

James Lafferty and Danny Glover - Waffle Street where Glover is challenging Lafferty on "why" he wants to franchise a Waffle King.
I'm sure I can add more...later.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
Tombstone was legendary.
There are too many to name from the Godfather, but "Leave the gun... take the Cannoli" stands out as one for me.
Bing & Kaye in White Christmas and Bing & Astaire in Holiday Inn... and who could forget Bing & Hope in almost every "Road to" movie.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Outlaw Josey Wales is one of my favorites. The scene with Josey and Ten Bears is epic. (I ain't promising anything you don't already got!)

curl

Apr 29, 2014
Costner and Duval in Open Range.

Costner and Jones in Field of Dreams.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I agree with Costner and Duval in Open Range.....the scene in the alley just prior to all hell breaking loose is just mesmerizing.

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
"Big Jake" Wayne and Richard Boone. Boone kidnaped Wayne's grandson(?)and when Boone comes into camp to get the ransom Wayne sticks a gun in his ribs(where his watching henchmen can't see) and whispers the same threat in his ear he made to Wayne about Wayne's kid,

"Your fault. My fault. Nobody's fault.

Anything goes wrong; I'm gonna blow your head off!".

It was John Wayne. You believed him!
Plugugly

markus

Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino, just about any scene where Clint speaks, I was in awe and hanging on every syllable. I have seen that movie a dozen times and still can't get enough.

Some of the looks he gives people in that movie are pure Clint, no one else could pull that off.
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have f...ed with? That's me.

Walt Kowalski: I once fixed a door that wasn't even broken yet.

Walt Kowalski: I'll blow a hole in your face then go inside and sleep like a baby.

Walt Kowalski: I used to stack f...s likes you five feet high in Korea... use ya for sand bags.
Sue Lor: There's a ton of food.

Walt Kowalski: Yeah, well just keep your hands off my dog.

Sue Lor: No worries, we only eat cats.

tinsel

Oct 23, 2015
I also rank The Dark Knights scene with Ledger and Bale in jail at the top.
I've heard that Ledger told Bale not to pull his punches in that scene ... he wanted to be HIT. Neither of them told the director or the crew, Bale just beat the crap out of Ledger on camera. Great scene. Awesome performance by Ledger.
Looks like everyone's already named off most of the all-time greats.
I would add to the list Samuel Jackson and John Travolta in Pulp Fiction. Great Film.
Also, Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman in Shawshank Redemption.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

The Baby Ruth scene with Sloth and Chunk in Goonies. Greatest!

Status
Not open for further replies.