PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Re
Well,in Spain it snows and people think it's apocalypse.....dont not.......We're used to it...........?
Reminds me of when I was working on a project for a Greek bank. Although based in Athens their data centre was in Bucharest. One of my Greek colleagues left home to catch her flight to Bucharest but it snowed (in Athens!). Not a lot of snow but enough to bring everything to a standstill. She phoned the office in Bucharest and was met with howls of derision; Athens had 1 or may be 2 cm of snow; Bucharest had 1 or 2m and everything just carried on working as normal.

I think it was the same winter I got a flight from Frankfurt to Belgrade and landed in a snowstorm. The Lufthansa pilot was extremely cautious about taxiing after landing; when I deplaned I realised why, they'd cleared the runway but the taxi ways and gate area was completely covered; he obviously wanted to avoid sliding into the terminal building.

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72

morior8

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2021
Give her a doggy treat for me, she obviously deserves it. ?? My old pupper is 13 and she loved it when the whole family was stuck at home in March.

View attachment 59330
Oh she gets plenty of treats, she's a spoiled one. She wont go to bed at night til you make her bed and lay out the blanket. Pretty funny.

Coupla sweeties you got there. Waiting for food perhaps? :LOL:

Reactions: canucklehead

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Here's one I shot a few years ago while visitnig the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland Oregon.

There was quite a crowd surrounding the performers, blocking my view, so I held my camera overhead, arms fully extended, and aimed it by "sight". Exposure was calculated manually rather than relying on the built in exposure systems as this sort of picture can occasionally be difficult for an automated system to compute correctly.

HeHXZIx.jpg

The texture of the flame came through pretty well.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Here's one I shot a few years ago while visitnig the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland Oregon.

There was quite a crowd surrounding the performers, blocking my view, so I held my camera overhead, arms fully extended, and aimed it by "sight". Exposure was calculated manually rather than relying on the built in exposure systems as this sort of picture can occasionally be difficult for an automated system to compute correctly.

HeHXZIx.jpg

The texture of the flame came through pretty well.
That's some skillz to calculate that exposure. Great photo!

Reactions: sablebrush52