PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
These people are out of control. 🤬

"The group also said it would take action at supermarkets in five UK cities on Saturday by blocking shoppers from reaching milk and dairy aisles."

My father kept 25 cows milking at his Grade A dairy barn.

The poor street urchins of Humansville today are not a tenth as loved, cared for, and nurtured as Daddy’s cows were.

And you’ve never seen a pet dog as gentle as his cows, either.

Once in the morning and again of evening those twenty five cows, would of their own accord form into a line and come to be milked by their master.

At the barn, they would separate into two lines, thirteen on the South and the other dozen on the North, and always in the same order, would climb the ramps two by two every ten minutes.

I asked my father why this was so, and he replied the cows lived, to be milked. He said he took the place of their calf, and the youngest and strongest cows came in order to nurse the milking machine.

As they aged, gradually they’d fall back in line, pushed back by younger cows more eager to be milked, until finally they would wind up hind cow, waiting and watching the others.

My father loved all his cows, but he loved the hind cow, the most of all.

I’d give about anything, to see the love again when that last hind cow climbed the South ramp and Daddy milked her, all by herself.

Thd dairy industry still exists in Southwest Missouri today but all the little dairy farms are long gone.

Tje last dairy in the Humansville area today mills close to a thousand cows, using poor immigrants housed in dormitories, and on the streets of Humansville fatherless children play among discarded dollar whiskey bottles, with once proud homes falling down.

Milk today is made in milking factories, no love at all is involved.

As for me, every time I see the devastated ruins of the once proud town of Humansville, I’m reminded of the human cost of the price of cheap milk.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Cow's, sheep's and goat's milk are some of the healthiest and most nutritious foods on the planet. What they want is that we consume more processed products. The health problem in human beings is sedentary lifestyles. Recently I was substituting animal milk for cereal, oat, nut and soy drinks from the supermarket, and I had a nutritional deficit, because I stopped drinking milk, the milk I have been drinking since I was born, from cows and goats. Kefir, yogurts, Greek yogurts, cottage cheese, fresh cheese, goat colostrum, this is not healthy? What is happening in Europe? We have completely lost our heads.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
“We have spent months trying all the proper channels to engage with the government on the scientific consensus to transition to a plant-based future, but they have chosen to ignore us,” Animal Rebellion’s statement said. “We have been left with no choice but to step into civil resistance to pressure government action to preserve our futures."

Now, there's a determined group foisting its half baked ideas on the rest of us. And, "no choice"- Yeah, sure thing, weakling.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
“We have spent months trying all the proper channels to engage with the government on the scientific consensus to transition to a plant-based future, but they have chosen to ignore us,” Animal Rebellion’s statement said. “We have been left with no choice but to step into civil resistance to pressure government action to preserve our futures."

Now, there's a determined group foisting its half baked ideas on the rest of us. And, "no choice"- Yeah, sure thing, weakling.
"scientific consensus" = horseshit propaganda masquerading as science.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
You know Halloween is around the corner when the ghastly looking skeletons start to gather around the calcium shelves to create a horrible cacophony with their malnourished shaking, rattling and babbling.

But yeah, this modern meat and dairy industry is just perverted, degenerated and all around disgusting.
They don't bring up even the slightest bit of respect, care or dignity for the animals, the resource.
And that's always wrong.
I wish we coud find a way so that everyone would have to hunt or raise his own meat, milk and eggs.
There would be a lot more involvement with the animal, the resource, and that alone would raise a lot of understanding and respect for the whole matter and that will go a long way. Respect, in any way, shape, form or aspect of a facette, is always very important.

And those protesters... Well I just feel sorry for them and the people that have to deal with them.
Seems to be in the UK, I imagine there will be some nice banter. 😁

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020
Milk is kinda gross but I enjoy drinking it but not with dinner as I did as a kid. Where the hell did American parents get the idea of serving their children an ice cold glass of milk with spaghetti bolognaise?

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I'm doing my part - I drink 2% instead of whole and have generally reduced my red meat portions when I eat it as part of at least 7 or 8 healthy meals a week, thereby allowing more supply available to my milk loving carnivore brethren. 🐄

Half pound burgers and milkshakes for football tomorrow!