PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

filmguerilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2022
Memphis, Tennessee
Almost everything in the Old London series is a big hit with me. Chelsea Morning may be the perfect morning smoke with a cup of coffee (can't vouch for tea). Gaslight, Quiet Nights, and Meridian are some of my favorite fall/winter smokes. Love Sixpence, too, but need to spend more time with that one.

khiddy

Might Stick Around
I do not mean to be a wet blanket here, but I largely steer clear of GLP blends because of the recurring mold problems at C&D. I just do not relish the thought of finding something I like, laying some by, and then, in a couple of years, opening a tin of tobacco to find the contents grew a sweater.

I wish my thinking was otherwise. Pease and C&D do some fantastic things with tobacco, but they have been unable to exorcise the fungal demons from their process.
This terrifies me. I have just a few GLP (and C&D) tins in my cellar, but golly I’d hate to discover that they’ve gone moldy before I got to open and enjoy them.

Reactions: buroak

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
NW Missouri
This terrifies me. I have just a few GLP (and C&D) tins in my cellar, but golly I’d hate to discover that they’ve gone moldy before I got to open and enjoy them.
I do not cellar with aging in mind, but I do cellar as a hedge against what I like disappearing or changing. I am very reluctant to cellar something I know has an above average chance of spoiling.