PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

F4RM3R

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 28, 2019
Canada
Just keep smoking it. At first I was like WHAT THE F*CK. Then I dared for another bowl and was perplexed but intrigued. I kept going and after a few days by the 10th bowl I started to actually enjoy it and it's unique taste and strength. Bare in mind I am the type of guy who appreciates any type of tobacco.

I think part of the appeal of this tobacco is it's cool burning properties and thick smoke.

Oct 7, 2016
Just keep smoking it. At first I was like WHAT THE F*CK. Then I dared for another bowl and was perplexed but intrigued. I kept going and after a few days by the 10th bowl I started to actually enjoy it and it's unique taste and strength. Bare in mind I am the type of guy who appreciates any type of tobacco.

I think part of the appeal of this tobacco is it's cool burning properties and thick smoke.
It is cool burning. As for the volume of smoke, keep quiet lest citrus grove owners find out and use it for their smudge pots.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I'm with some of the others here who have a strong preference for the brown ropes. In regards to the Black Irish X, I hadn't thought "musky butt" so much as "goddamned tire fire", but maybe that's a difference between the GHC and SG versions :LOL:

The brown ropes on the other hand are deep, earthy, leathery, with just a hint of florality (that's a real word now!). People sometimes compare it to a cigar's flavor, and well, kinda yeah, but not exactly. I would definitely try it even if you hated the black.

heimedvw

Lurker
Aug 2, 2015
Only slightly more worth than your posts! ?
Ow I see have acquired all your knowledge since Nov of 2019! Lol .The good news for the rest of the people on this forum is your type will move onto your next GQ adventure soon enough.

• Wow
Reactions: mingc

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Turns out DM only lives about 20 minutes from me so Friday after work we were able to meet up (Couldn't be a nicer guy) and exchange tobaccos. He gave me the Black XX so we'll get to the bottom of this musky butt business tomorrow when I get a chance to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.