PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dissident_Mantis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2020
Well I may have fried my taste buds recently so I figured I would try some tobaccos that are completely outside of my wheel house. I got my hands on some Black XX (Finest Kendal Twist). Let me tell you, if this is the "finest" Kendal twist, I am not sure if I want to try the rest. Unfortunately I had just ordered some happy bogie in bulk a few hours before unexpectedly coming across a tin of this stuff at Arlington Pipes and Cigars.

This "twist" looks like something my neighbors dog leaves in my front yard, smells strong and leathery, and the smoke tastes like a musky cat fart. Is this one of those acquired tastes everyone keeps talking about? Who smokes this stuff?

I also tried chewing a plug while I was fishing. Honestly wasn't that bad besides the acrid taste and involuntary gagging that it caused, which was strange considering I am used to chew, dip, and snus. I would continue to chew it, because that nic hit is pretty metal, but not sure if it's something I will be reaching for to smoke outside of a nuclear fallout scenario where I have depleted the rest of my tobacco supply.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I was on a strong tobacco journey and tried the black rope, and though it was strong, it wasn't quite as memorable for me as this post suggests. Maybe it was because it was between Indonesian Tambolaka and Five Brothers. Now I smoke some "strong," but intermittent with medium and mild blends too. Seems I want the whole keyboard not just the base end. So to speak.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
well, I have never smelled catfarts or tasted a musky butt, however I too, am not a fan.

I have. It was a job right out of college. I was young, didn't know better and it paid well and included travel except they never let me off the boat. I was chained to it. I've never figured out why the super wealthy though it was entertaining for a captive young man to smell catfarts and taste a musky butt but I was raised not to judge. One night, some guy in the music industry found the key and set me loose, I think his name was fiddy or diddy or something that, I don't pay attention to modern music. I swim to my freedom late that night when we passed by Miami, pockets full of cash.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I have. It was a job right out of college. I was young, didn't know better and it paid well and included travel except they never let me off the boat. I was chained to it. I've never figured out why the super wealthy though it was entertaining for a captive young man to smell catfarts and taste a musky butt but I was raised not to judge. One night, some guy in the music industry found the key and set me loose, I think his name was fiddy or diddy or something that, I don't pay attention to modern music. I swim to my freedom late that night when we passed by Miami, pockets full of cash.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I don't know what to make of the stuff. I found it very meaty. Almost like trying to literally smoke a steak. Still trying to wrap my head around it. I can see it being great if used in a mixture but I don't care for it much solo.

Happy Bogie on the other hand is fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.