PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Years ago I tried SG XX Black and Brown Rope 4 I believe it was called. They were similar in that both had meat and smokey flavors. I really wanted to like them as the ropes were cool but just couldn't get into them.

I ended iup giving the tins away and never tried another rope until I found Curly Block.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Years ago I tried SG XX Black and Brown Rope 4 I believe it was called. They were similar in that both had meat and smokey flavors. I really wanted to like them as the ropes were cool but just couldn't get into them.

I ended iup giving the tins away and never tried another rope until I found Curly Block.
Curly Block is the shit. Amazing blend.

Dissident_Mantis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2020
Fear not! The Happy Brown Bogie is excellent.

The Black XX Finest Kendall Twist, well, I have never smelled catfarts or tasted a musky butt, however I too, am not a fan.

Curious..... Did you read the reviews on Tobaccoreviews.com? I think this tobacco got a 2.2 Hmm.

I didn't bother looking at reviews for it since it seemed like a novelty purchase. Also I disagree with Tobacco reviews a lot. And So to Bed is only a 2.8, while Presbyterian mixture (aptly named) as bland and uninteresting as it is has a 3.2? Some of these people leaving reviews need to be reeducated in a gulag.

I am relieved to hear that many people like the Happy Bogie, I ordered 16 inches of it on Friday.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I love this stuff and always carry a tin or two with me on my travels. You know how it's made don't you? It is brown twist that is coated with olive oil, wrapped in brown paper and heated and pressed and then the process is repeated. You slice it into coins and mix it with Condor-Ski Plug and you get something that sort of resembles the original Plug before the Polish people got hold of it. You know why Polish women don't use vibrators? It chips their teeth! rotf

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Black XX is my single, all-time favorite tobacco, and the one I wouldn't mind smoking exclusively for the rest of my life. I've been checking every online retailer every week for the boxes to come back in so I can stock up. If you have any of it left that's very fresh I could do a trade!
I like it too. It's also a favorite when mixed 50/50 with Old Dark Fired.

Oct 7, 2016
I didn't bother looking at reviews for it since it seemed like a novelty purchase. Also I disagree with Tobacco reviews a lot. And So to Bed is only a 2.8, while Presbyterian mixture (aptly named) as bland and uninteresting as it is has a 3.2? Some of these people leaving reviews need to be reeducated in a gulag.

I am relieved to hear that many people like the Happy Bogie, I ordered 16 inches of it on Friday.
Is it too late to cancel your order? ?
I hate these damn threads. Every time one starts, it is so predictable, “so and so tastes like Grannies diarrhea ward panties after a Tom Cat sprayed them.” Then someone says “Yeah, but GH Sewer Rope is really to die for” and it is off to the races. Then you can’t find any.

Status
Not open for further replies.