PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

cfreud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2014
For me several Pease blends, particularly Quiet Nights and Maltese Falcon, had a chemical note and/or not blended flavors upon opening and smoking. Opening the tin and shelving it a few weeks to a month significantly melded the flavors and produced wonderful smokes.
^^^^ This right here. GLP blends, new or aged, change after opening. To my palate, they can be underwhelming out of the can. But even just opening the can ( cracking it and putting the plastic top on it) it and letting it sit a few days yields what you were likely expecting. GLP blends are worth the wait on this count.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
^^^^ This right here. GLP blends, new or aged, change after opening. To my palate, they can be underwhelming out of the can. But even just opening the can ( cracking it and putting the plastic top on it) it and letting it sit a few days yields what you were likely expecting. GLP blends are worth the wait on this count.
heartily agreed.

brassonly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2012
Maltese Falcon is an amazing tobacco, I just love this english blend. I always enjoy smoking it. This tobacco reminds me of SPC Plum Pudding they both taste so good, but Falcon has become my favourite of the two. You just cant go wrong with this . Do yourself a favor ang give it a try cause its great tobacco.

Reactions: gatorhazard

gatorhazard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2020
I have another tin of Westchester and Quiet Nights tucked back to age. Hope they improve with time. Maltese Falcon however is one of my favorites. After it gets some air and breathes, it’s a wonderful blend.