PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

brut666

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2020
Kent, "The Garden Of England"
Here's the problem...you're doing the outdoor work first and then smoking a pipe. Today, smoke the pipe first and put off the outdoor work until tomorrow. Do the same tomorrow...smoke pipe, put off work. Repeat everyday until you don't feel like a noob. The outdoor work won't get done, but you'll enjoy your pipe.
? Excellent advice

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Here's the problem...you're doing the outdoor work first and then smoking a pipe. Today, smoke the pipe first and put off the outdoor work until tomorrow. Do the same tomorrow...smoke pipe, put off work. Repeat everyday until you don't feel like a noob. The outdoor work won't get done, but you'll enjoy your pipe.

Good advice Scott!

Unfortunately another go yesterday with even drier leaf and matches this time yielded the same result. Its enough to make me toss all my pipes.

brut666

Oct 7, 2020
Good advice Scott!

Unfortunately another go yesterday with even drier leaf and matches this time yielded the same result. Its enough to make me toss all my pipes.
Could you have covid?
Since I tested positive, I haven't been able to taste much either. Just sort of burnt taste.
I tried the last few days after two weeks off smoking and still no taste but burning ash. Putting it down to covid and hoping it passes soon.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Could you have covid?
Since I tested positive, I haven't been able to taste much either. Just sort of burnt taste.
I tried the last few days after two weeks off smoking and still no taste but burning ash. Putting it down to covid and hoping it passes soon.

nope, no symptoms and I can taste everything else just fine. Keeping a pipe lit and cadence are also a problem now. Total reset of any 'skills' I had before.

brut666

Oct 7, 2020
nope, no symptoms and I can taste everything else just fine. Keeping a pipe lit and cadence are also a problem now. Total reset of any 'skills' I had before.
I had no symptoms either. We get tested every 7-10 days at work.
The loss of tasting my tobacco and slight headache was all I have.
? Hoping the reset of skills isn't contagious, I haven't got many to reset and not that advanced as it is.

johng99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2020
Lake Havasu City
I had a break from smoking pipes for a few years and when I came back it took a while to get it right again. I wasn't frustrated as I knew it would come, and I felt like I knew what to do, but it took a while to learn my pipes, the tobaccos I am smoking and the way I smoke today verses a few years back.

Mar 29, 2016
There's a few obstacles for a good pipe smoking session. First a badly packed pipe with the wrong tobacco, then the weather is too cold and/or too windy. But the most important thing is the state of mind, if I'm stressed or unsettled, my pipe smoking becomes subpar and really adds more negative stuff than anything else so I never do it. When not in the right mind, we tend to rush things while expecting great results and that seldom happens.

Reactions: Casual

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
I had no symptoms either. We get tested every 7-10 days at work.
The loss of tasting my tobacco and slight headache was all I have.
? Hoping the reset of skills isn't contagious, I haven't got many to reset and not that advanced as it is.

I’ll use that as a reason to fire up a bowl ? (Rona test). Seriously, hope your recovery is brief & free of future complications.

brut666

Oct 7, 2020
Have you got something, old and reliable you could turn too?
I'm not sure if trying something new is a good idea, I wouldn't want you to spoil something you may love in different circumstances.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
WHAT! So I've another 4-6 weeks before I can taste the delicious smoke again. Holy potatoe chips! That is not fun for me!
I think it will vary person to person. I had some taste return within 4 or 5 days. I’ve read about people that still have problems with taste and smell 3 months later. Good luck.