11 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes
3 Fresh Bill Shalosky Pipes
9 Fresh Moonshine Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

If you were going to use a latakia tobacco to make an aromatic crossover, I wouldn't suggest Star of the East. That has too many Orientals with sour notes. To me that is like adding chocolate syrup to buttermilk, blech. Maybe chose something with very little or no other Orientals but latakia.

Honestly though, other than the cute frogs on the tins, I never understood the attraction. It always had a smell or aroma of a candle that had just been blown out.

There were a few crossovers that I don't think are available any more that I thought were way better. Tewksberry had one called Nasferatu that was a licorice based latakia blend. Early on, I liked that one a bunch, till I just burned out on latakia altogether.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I've heard this from a few veteran members here and wonder when in the smoking journey this occurred? Also heard members talk of having periods of their lives where they were in specific genre phases. How long did that last for you and what was the genre?
Sound like a great topic for a thread of its own.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I'd suggest mixing Lane HGL with Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme. Start with 50/50 and pare the HGL back from there. While different then Frog, it is similar and affordable enough to experiment with a lot until you get it "just right."