PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

briarfriar

Can't Leave
img_2754-600x135.jpg

Once in a while, the French get it right! Time to revive this order. I see stylized fezzes as the regalia.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
If one is to read Oswald Wirht's La Franc-Maçonnerie rendue intelligible à ses adeptes ... well, the tobaconist secret order is the least odd thing that the french Freemasons did during the 19th century :lol:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: jaxonlee and BROBS

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
Come now!!! The hat should be a "Reversed Fez" to make sure people can note the difference (as if they can't see which bunch of guys all have pipes sticking out of their faces!).

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Back in the pre-history 1950's, the grand old man and founding minister of our church died in his nineties but left the funeral service to his masonic lodge. I heard it was really elaborate. I guess he'd had enough of the sanctuary, even the big bright new one he'd promoted. I still have the Bible he presented me at our confirmation service. I had a work place friend who had a ring that he discovered resembled a masonic ring, so men were always stopping him in the airport or wherever and giving him secret handshakes, so he gave up wearing the ring. I think the Roman Catholic Knights of Columbus was founded to keep members from being spirited away by the masons. I'm not sure I could "do" an organization that meets in windowless buildings. A little daylight is good.

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.