PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Search on Site

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

Recent Posts

briarfriar

Once in a while, the French get it right! Time to revive this order. I see stylized fezzes as the regalia.

madox07

Preferred Member
Dec 12, 2016
If one is to read Oswald Wirht's La Franc-Maçonnerie rendue intelligible à ses adeptes ... well, the tobaconist secret order is the least odd thing that the french Freemasons did during the 19th century :lol:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: jaxonlee and BROBS

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
Back in the pre-history 1950's, the grand old man and founding minister of our church died in his nineties but left the funeral service to his masonic lodge. I heard it was really elaborate. I guess he'd had enough of the sanctuary, even the big bright new one he'd promoted. I still have the Bible he presented me at our confirmation service. I had a work place friend who had a ring that he discovered resembled a masonic ring, so men were always stopping him in the airport or wherever and giving him secret handshakes, so he gave up wearing the ring. I think the Roman Catholic Knights of Columbus was founded to keep members from being spirited away by the masons. I'm not sure I could "do" an organization that meets in windowless buildings. A little daylight is good.

Reactions: BROBS