PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

insecticide26

Lurker
Nov 24, 2014
Hello ,My names marcel and I'm new to pipesmoking and to this site .

.So far this is where I'm at .

Quincy-20141130-00844_zps6985410e.jpg~320x480

insecticide26

Lurker
Nov 24, 2014
For some reason my photo didn't work the first time but i figured it out. This is where im at so far .MM cob ,Prince Albert , Carter hall and Super value cherry ..

k1j3l

Might Stick Around
Nov 29, 2014
Eastern Shore, MD
Hey, if you guys are still doing this, I'd love to try and get on the list some time! My name is Kevin. I started pipe smoking last year, but it didn't really click with me until a month or two ago. I'm finally getting the hang of proper packing and lighting, and have pretty much worked through what tobacco I'd started with (one of the samplers from pipes and cigars, which ended up being some fairly light tobaccos). I'd love to try some aro's, but would be up to try anything recommended by the kind folks on the site. So far I've only got two pipes, and smoking two bowls a day, a third would really help the rotation (as then I'd be able to give a day of rest for each bowlful smoked). Whether or not I'm able to get in on this, I love the idea of what you all are doing, especially shaintiques.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey k1j3l we are still doing it. I will add your name to the list. I should have some more pipes ready in a few weeks and I will contact you with details. Thanks for posting a pic of one of your pipes. We are pic people on this site and posting pics especially of what you get from the project keeps my fire burning to continue the project.

k1j3l

Might Stick Around
Nov 29, 2014
Eastern Shore, MD
Seeing pictures is one of my favorite things about this site, so believe me, I'd be sending plenty. Thank you so much for adding me to the list, it means a lot to me. :D

wfin73

Might Stick Around
Aug 7, 2014
I'm so jealous seeing these pictures of all the great stuff you guys are getting. I've been hoping forever to get picked for such a great opportunity. Hopefully someday I'll get picked!

kane

Can't Leave
Dec 2, 2014
Well, I am new to this forum and a relative newbie to pipe smoking, but I have learned a lot from reading this forum and I appreciate all that you have shared. I have a few pipes I can donate. I was thinking of posting something in the classified section for them, but alas I am too new to post there. Then I saw this thread, so why not just add them to the mix. One is a lightly smoked Boswell, and one an unopened cob. Nice pipes, but glad to move them on.

Shaintiques, I will PM you to get the info for this.
Cheers! Happy new year everybody.
Cliff

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I have been traveling for the holidays, but I have gotten in some great donations that I will be sending out to guys soon, including a Nording and 2 Comoys.

k1j3l

Might Stick Around
Nov 29, 2014
Eastern Shore, MD
Even if my name isn't in that batch, I'm still excited to hear that. This is still my favorite thread, just for the pictures. Its like watching excited kids open Christmas presents.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Ok guys just got in a lot of 8 beautiful pipes which are on the whole ready to turn around and head right out of the shop. I will be contacting you soon about what to do.

skagit

Lurker
Jan 27, 2015
I'd love to get on the list.
I'm way new to this...started at the end of December. I got a $4 Missouri Meerschaum Ozark as an intro pipe that I wouldn't mind throwing away if I didn't like it. I still have it, and now have a user name on a pipe forum...so...ya know...you can see where this is going. I love the look of bent bulldogs and Rhodesians.
I'm all about aros at the moment...I like the H&H Berry Nice and have some OTC vanilla that's not bad...of course it could be awful, but I wouldn't know any better. I have an order of Capt. Black white, Sutliff Mulled Wine, and P&C Cinnamon Roll that should be arriving in today's mail.
This has been an interesting journey for me, as my dad and uncle both died of smoking related cancers...dad had neck cancer and uncle had lung cancer. So why should I think my fate will be any different? Here's why...
They both chain smoked cigarettes from the time they were 12 (both died between 60 and 65), and they both drank heavily for about the same duration. They lived hard lives and did so with abandon. After processing a bunch of different thoughts and feelings over the last 20 years, I have come to the realization that it was their inability to control themselves that killed them...the substances involved were just contributing factors.
I'm approaching my pipe smoking totally differently. Because I'm likely genetically predisposed to cancer, I'm limiting my smokes to once a week. I smoke on Sunday afternoon at the moment, (what a great way to wrap up a weekend), and in the summer it will probably go to Friday nights after our local sailboat races (what a great way to wrap up a week), or maybe I'll really step out and do BOTH! I'm 40 and healthy, so I've got 25+ years of healthy lifestyle under my belt that they, frankly, would have laughed at.
So basically I guess I've done my homework and I'm trying to leverage some enjoyment out of the statistical fringe. I'm not in this to "be a smoker"...I'm in it to get some peace and enjoyment. It's nice to have made an informed decision, and to have peace with it after picking through my inner conflict.
Cheers to all...enjoy your smokes, whatever they may mean to you.
Skagit out... 8)

skagit

Lurker
Jan 27, 2015
Thanks man! Kudos to you for heading this up. Sorry if I went long on the request. It felt good to air it out. :)

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
No prob. I have a family history of cancer too, but pipe smoking is so much less carcinogenic than cigs and it seems that pipe smokers live longer hence the term "old codger blends".

k1j3l

Might Stick Around
Nov 29, 2014
Eastern Shore, MD
Great grandfather was 98 when he passed, smoked a pipe every day. Honestly, the smell is part of what got me so interested. It just brings back good memories, you know? Plus, it's an extremely relaxing hobby.
And I'm glad to see you haven't abandoned the project, Shaintiques. It's great stuff you're doing here.

chlorophil7

Might Stick Around
Feb 19, 2015
Hello,
My name is Philip, and I am so new I have never smoked and I currently do not own any pipe. It sounds like another member will be sending me a MM cob, and possibly something else from another member...
Here is my first post that talks more about me, and were I was told to post here.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/so-new-i-dont-have-a-pipe?replies=29#post-759937
Thank you to all the awesome people on here!

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Ok sorry fellows, life got busy and I've been MIA from the project, but we are going to get this rolling again. I have a pile of pipes that need homes and baccy to send. I will be contacting the next batch of guys tomorrow with details. Also I promised a pipe to a fellow overseas and I will be contacting you as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.