Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Franco Pipenbeans

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 7, 2021
Yorkshire, England
Do you guys reuse pipe cleaners?

-Tony
When I was little we used to live next door to an old lady - museum vintage antiquity kind of old - and she used to hang used tea bags on her washing line so she could reuse them! The tea must’ve been so weak it could barely have crawled up the spout of the tea pot to get in the cup.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
When I was little we used to live next door to an old lady - museum vintage antiquity kind of old - and she used to hang used tea bags on her washing line so she could reuse them! The tea must’ve been so weak it could barely have crawled up the spout of the tea pot to get in the up.

I worked with a guy who swore you could get three cups of coffee out of a Kurieg cup. haha

You absolutley cannot.

Franco Pipenbeans

Jan 7, 2021
Yorkshire, England
I worked with a guy who swore you could get three cups of coffee out of a Kurieg cup. haha

You absolutley cannot.
You should have seen Mrs Watkins bolt outside to get the tea bags in if there was even the slightest hint that it might rain! ?

To say that she was ‘frugal’ would be a massive understatement. They don’t make them like her anymore, that is for sure.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
When I was little we used to live next door to an old lady - museum vintage antiquity kind of old - and she used to hang used tea bags on her washing line so she could reuse them!

I always get a kick out of the WW2 era cartoons promoting conservation to support the war effort.

The one that always makes me laugh shows Daffy Duck getting his coffee bean (singular) out of the cupboard with a string tied to it. He drags the bean through the cup of hot water and then hangs it back in the cabinet.

In leaner times, I have used a tea bag a 2nd time from necessity. It sucks and I am currently blessed to go through many tea bags a day with no thought of conservation.

1658914364851.png

Jan 27, 2020
When I was little we used to live next door to an old lady - museum vintage antiquity kind of old - and she used to hang used tea bags on her washing line so she could reuse them! The tea must’ve been so weak it could barely have crawled up the spout of the tea pot to get in the cup.

When I was rather young I recall going to see my one grandmother who was in her 90s at the time hanging up paper towels to dry on the clothing line. I guess that is what raising 8 kids alone during the depression will do to you.

Franco Pipenbeans

Jan 7, 2021
Yorkshire, England
I always get a kick out of the WW2 era cartoons promoting conservation to support the war effort.

The one that always makes me laugh shows Daffy Duck getting his coffee bean (singular) out of the cupboard with a string tied to it. He drags the bean through the cup of hot water and then hangs it back in the cabinet.

In leaner times, I have used a tea bag a 2nd time from necessity. It sucks and I am currently blessed to go through many tea bags a day with no thought of conservation.

View attachment 159247
I guess that the war generation got so used to deprivation that they continued with those behaviours long after the necessity had passed.

Gran insisted on stocking the pantry with cans of stew and dried eggs, as if the bombs would start falling again any second.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Bully Beef and dried packets of soup. Enough home made jam and marmalade to give an entire infantry division diabetes. My Mother pickled and preserved everything that moved. Her favorite comment was 'When I was your age there was a war on and we didn't have ------' insert item/food group. I genuinely think she enjoyed the War and all the deprivation and continued with the same patten until the day she died.