PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
It is now 4:07 PM (GMT) and only now have I managed access to the site after trying every half hour or so since this morning.

I started trying at ~9:35 AM with my morning coffee & meds but no dice,,,,,site was unavailable.

Are the admin aware of this I wonder?

Regards,

Jay.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
It was just you, Jay. I had you blocked. Everyone else could get to the site.

JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's what I sent to the mods this morning.
------------
There is a major power outage in the Midwest due to extreme heat and the entire data center is without power. (The data center for my hosting company is in the St. Louis area.) All of my websites and emails are out of commission.

This Outlook email works as it is separate outside of my servers.

I always understood that there were back-up generators in case of a power outage, so I’m not sure what happened there, unless they already used up their resources.

Hopefully, it gets fixed soon. I spoke personally with the owner of my hosting company and he tells me that the data center is working on it directly with the power company.
------------

There were thousands of sites down. I'm glad it's fixed now.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
In addition to the extreme heat, I heard on the news this morning that St. Louis had heavy rain and flooding, so services are spotty in St. Louis.

Reactions: cornedbeef

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
The other day I was driving to Phoenix and as soon as I crossed out of the Colorado River section I had no telephone, internet or OnStar for 3 1/2 hours of a 4 hour drive.

Piping Rooster

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2022
Champa Bay
I had nothing to accompany my morning pipe and coffee! I was devastated to say the least! I tried to go peruse Peterson Pipe Notes but i had read all that 10x over. It was a dark time for me...