Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 9, 2018
England
Max on pole for the sprint race (no surprise there) but it's good to see Charls and Ferrari in second. Mercedes season gets worse and worse. Both cars missing out on the top 10 shoot out.

I saw Martin Brundle interview Adrian Newey and he was talking about taking some time off to go travelling. Hope it isn't for too long. I think he'll find it very difficult to resist the chance to turn around Ferrari's fortunes. Especially with all those rule changes in 2026.

Reactions: trudger

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Well, more controversy today. The FIA apparently blundered the safety car entry and allowed Norris to stay in 1st place. And Sainz got bumped a position as well. Luckily, when I wear my McLaren hat, not a soul in my area knows what it is.

• Haha
Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
On another note, the first lap accident should be the end for Magnussen since he already had 10 points on his license. In my opinion, both HAAS drivers are a menace on the track and a danger to the other drivers. Throw Ocon in that list too. That guy has too many altercations with his own teammates, but it does seem that Alpine is FINALLY upset with him. At least with Alpine, Ocon has to pay for the damages to both cars. Alpine makes the driver at fault pay for damages if the accident is between the teammates. Having to put in a clause like that in a contract should be a big red flag that you need to revisit your driver selection.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Yeah, that was a very boring race. Something needs to change at Monaco. Widen the track somewhere so there's a place to overtake, maybe a special set of tires just for Monaco. They need to do something because that was pretty dire😒.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Yeah, that was a very boring race. Something needs to change at Monaco. Widen the track somewhere so there's a place to overtake, maybe a special set of tires just for Monaco. They need to do something because that was pretty dire😒.
For Monoco they should allow the teams to bring back one of the V10s out of mothball. Seriously though, the new cars are too dang big. We won't see any meaningful change until 2030.

Jun 9, 2018
England
For Monoco they should allow the teams to bring back one of the V10s out of mothball. Seriously though, the new cars are too dang big. We won't see any meaningful change until 2030.
It seems like everyone is pissed off with the Monaco situation.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Reactions: smudgersmissingleg