Forever Stems, Not So Forever...... Sad and Gone (walkerbriarworks.com)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

maulragoth

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2018
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

Anyone who loves a Forever Stem on a cob. Sad news, I have looked at the WalkerBriarWorks.com website a few times this week and just looked today as well......only to find they are closing up :( All of their stems are sold out as well. Sad to see them go. The stems were such a wonderful addition to cob enjoyment, and the people were such quality folks to work with! I juust wanted to pass along the grief, and give thanks for all of the wonderful stems they provided over the years. Walker Briar Works - http://www.walkerbriarworks.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Got the email about a week ago.

Reactions: chopper

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Walker picked up the Forever Stems when Old Log Cabin stopped making them. Someone else will likely take them up. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Mike Myers started making them.

maulragoth

Jan 30, 2018
Walker picked up the Forever Stems when Old Log Cabin stopped making them. Someone else will likely take them up. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Mike Myers started making them.
Yeup. I hope so. I originally ran into Forever Stems from Old Log Cabin talk. They sure have made my cobs a lot nicer, and it's so convenient when they are already made instead of getting a custom milled.

curl

Apr 29, 2014
I ordered two more stems from Dave as soon as I saw his Facebook post. Good thing I’ve visited his site since placing the order and everything was sold out. Vaya con dios, Dave.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I reckon pipe repair shops/craftsmen can make stems to order too.
Yep.?

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Dave & Sue always did first class work, and are amazingly decent people. I hope they come to the occasional pipe show, when pipe shows resume!

Reactions: marlinspike

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I can't complain. I bought a set of their stems for my cobs some years ago, and they are still great, and if the pipes wear out, I can use them on other similar new cobs. Small pipe-related businesses are a labor of love. I think people stick with it because it is mostly a good circle of folks who are customers, but as a result, folks work too hard, and keep on working, and they have to bail out some time. Thanks to Dave and Sue who made it easy to get the most out of my cobs.

curl

Apr 29, 2014
Here is my little collection of Forever Stems. The bottom one is a P-lip stem. Lower right pipe is an Elf Cobbit with a nosewarmer stem. I really like the extra bent nosewarmer stems.

Attachments

• 9B383EAF-55FD-4736-9715-8AE3BEC9B8A9.jpeg
    9B383EAF-55FD-4736-9715-8AE3BEC9B8A9.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: chopper and mso489

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
curl, great collection! I don't think I saw the P-lip option when I was shopping for stems. I like fishtail, but it is good to know these existed, exist. Pipe repair people can always do a stem, but Forever stems made it so accessible and easy to retrofit these, and offered the option of shortening any length to suit, and also added a lot of adventure and color to the options, that people might not select for their briar pipes but enjoyed on MM cobs. A "just right" business concept on a perfect scale for the customer base. I know they're missed.