PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
cosmic is right you're going to be breathing in something. Funny I can smoke pretty non stop with the pipe and still feel good in my lungs, if I sit inside and smoke a pipe I start to feel a little bit. I can imagine that would add up over time. Though one really key point about healing lungs that have been abused by cigs they're going to feel worse for a significant amount of time. You're going to be more congested and it's all cause you're starting to clear out your lungs and breathing tubes and they're recovering in other ways. In fact I've seen patients that where in such bad shape it would worse to quit in their weakened state. In fact shitty lungs is one of the physical withdraws of quiting cigs. Even if you switch to something else like chew.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
I have a bit of a cough in the morning lately but is actually due to acid reflux. Have to get my diet in order, munchies at 11pm doesn’t help. Acid reflux does cause asthmatic type symptoms in case people didn’t know, the pipe probably doesn’t help though when it’s an issue.
I was having problems with that. Lossing weight really helped. You know what the best way to do that is? Go slowly start cutting things off little by little. Less no more doughnuts and maybe I don't need the fourth one. Also I found not sleeping on my stomach helped and not eating any acidic foods for about three hours before sleep. Acid reflux sucks.

Jan 27, 2020
I was having problems with that. Lossing weight really helped. You know what the best way to do that is? Go slowly start cutting things off little by little. Less no more doughnuts and maybe I don't need the fourth one. Also I found not sleeping on my stomach helped and not eating any acidic foods for about three hours before sleep. Acid reflux sucks.

Yea, for me it’s really about not eating late or finishing a bottle of wine at 10pm for that matter. I use to have it under control, it’s one of those things that can take one bad late night meal to set it off and a few weeks to correct.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
That would do it. It’ll pull water out. I think they even use it in solution as a laxative. Of course, by the time that coke makes it down to the dealer level, I’d be absolutely shocked if that’s the only thing it’s been cut with.
I know we aren't supposed to talk about such stuff. The one time I bought coke I was all like not interested and then the guy showed it to me and the stuff was not touched. Honestly sometimes I have periods where I don't drink at all (alcohol, yeah I still drink water and stuff like that) during one of those periods someone offered to split a bottle of scotch that was significantly older then myself, I had a few of that stuff. Both had the same kind of this isn't going to ever happen again so say yes. And yeah neither has happened again. And cocaine sucks and really old scotch tastes amazing like really amazing.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
Yea, for me it’s really about not eating late or finishing a bottle of wine at 10pm for that matter. I use to have it under control, it’s one of those things that can take one bad late night meal to set it off and a few weeks to correct.
keep at it. Not doing something can be as much of a skill as doing something is. And if you had trouble doing another skill you would practice it. Not doing something is really the same way. At some point it gets easy to not eat after a certain time. I had the same problem. Also helped learning that if I eat something like toast I'll be fine. What makes it really easy is when you've done such a good job at it you forget you have to do it until you mess up and then the next day wake up and realize you still have the problem.

Jan 27, 2020
keep at it. Not doing something can be as much of a skill as doing something is. And if you had trouble doing another skill you would practice it. Not doing something is really the same way. At some point it gets easy to not eat after a certain time. I had the same problem. Also helped learning that if I eat something like toast I'll be fine. What makes it really easy is when you've done such a good job at it you forget you have to do it until you mess up and then the next day wake up and realize you still have the problem.

You’re right Bob, thanks from the words of encouragement, hopefully I’ll remember next time the munchies hit.

yea everybody think its the coke that gives you the shits and not the laxative they cut the coke with
;)
I have no experience with coke, but this confuses me. If you put a laxative up your nose it will affect your digestive system? I mean, I just had no idea that a laxative could travel through your raspatory system, where i guess it gets absorbed by the blood and then makes it's way to your bowels. I had just always thought that it went in your mouth and straight down the pipe to do it's work. So, could you put a prune up your nose to have the same effect as eating one?

I see an experiment in the worx. Snorting prunes...

• Haha
Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Jan 27, 2020
I have no experience with coke, but this confuses me. If you put a laxative up your nose it will affect your digestive system? I mean, I just had no idea that a laxative could travel through your raspatory system, where i guess it gets absorbed by the blood and then makes it's way to your bowels. I had just always thought that it went in your mouth and straight down the pipe to do it's work. So, could you put a prune up your nose to have the same effect as eating one?

Humans are a bit different than plumbing...

Do you snort aspirin when you have a headache?

• Wow
Reactions: cosmicfolklore
Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois

I have never done any illegal drugs but yes the nose is a direct line to the blood stream. Just the same as dry snuff that you snort the nicotine goes into the blood stream. In theory you could snort prunes if you dried them into a powder and snorted. I am sure it would be a moving experiment

Jan 27, 2020
Well some drugs have a higher absorption rate via the mucus membranes vs the digestive tract and vice versa so it’s always important to google the substance before you throw down a mad line of prune dust.

Reactions: edger

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I'm big on the plan, snorting prunes, and while you're at it, a 50 cent piece or whatever else will fit. Furniture? How 'bout a sofa with the 50 cent piece between the cushions?
Yeh, I'm probably just going to stick to dissolving Metamucil in my OJ. Snorting it might just make my wife worried that I am losing my mind faster than she suspects.
My worry here is on what terms she may be with the sheriff's admin, Mildred, whom the sheriff has empowered to make
involuntary commitments.