PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I have never used the follow option, but yet I keep appearing in threads right after certain guys like @chasingembers , and @cosmicfolklore and @alaskanpiper

Its a mental sort of following. Like I just know where to look.

Or maybe there's only a few guys that are worth conversing with?

IDK

On the other hand, I have a follower, yeah only one....not worthy of more....BUT he has seen every blue sock I have posted, so there's that.

;)?

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Chasingembers, I follow you and a number of the members. I do it because I find the contributions of the people I follow interesting, informative and at times funny. There are a lot of members and topics and sometimes you want to just cut through it all. Not a stalking thing, just being selective. MSO was correct. Also, I wouldn't want to miss what Cosmic gets up to next rotf

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Seven or eight, would have to go back through the notifications to be sure. It all seems bizarre to me still.
If you go into your own profile, then to "About" you'll see a list of your disciples, er, followers. Then you can click on their avatar, and send a PM asking them to stop.

There''s also a way to ignore certain people.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Just new to all of this since the forum update. Never been on Facebook, Twitter, or anything else like that.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Chasing.you still here?...just checking!
It happens on Flickr as well, someone mentioned it above...it's creepy! I don't think anyone is following me around, pretty uneventful....

Reactions: jpmcwjr

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Glad this us about as social media as I get then.
It happens on Flickr as well, someone mentioned it above...it's creepy!

I spent only a few months on Facebook, and that was nearly a decade ago...never went back. Never done Twitter or anything else either. I don't think I've ever even heard of Flickr.

But I think you're correct that some features of the upgrade are more along the lines of typical "social media" platforms.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
If you go into your own profile, then to "About" you'll see a list of your disciples, er, followers. Then you can click on their avatar, and send a PM asking them to stop.

There''s also a way to ignore certain people.
Thanks for that information..I was following people and didn't realize it. I unfollowed or (defollowed) them! It's mostly a way to keep up...I actually prefer book marking threads than following certain people that way I can go back easier to read the suggestions that have helped me in the past with cleaning or repairing...

Reactions: didimauw
Status
Not open for further replies.