PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Excellent write up @jaytex969.

I tried this awhile back and I would have really loved it if only they left the mango out! Mango ruins everything for me, I can’t stand it. This blend is also extremely similar to Reiners Professional blend in my opinion but that one just never got the hype that this one got.

Reactions: jaytex1969

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Excellent write up @jaytex969.

I tried this awhile back and I would have really loved it if only they left the mango out! Mango ruins everything for me, I can’t stand it.

Thanks. I suffered a mango related trauma, also.

During most of Desert Storm, my beverage choices were hot water or hot Arabic mango juice boxes sourced locally.

A few decades later, I began enjoying fresh mango again, but, to this day, approach me with any commercial mango juice and I suddenly begin remembering urgent obligations elsewhere.

S&M = Sand & Mango juice... ?

1583539144694.jpeg

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
A truly excellent review of a tobacco is not one that makes you want to try it, but one that makes you pretty certain you wouldn't like it. Excellent review, Jay!

• Haha
Reactions: jaytex1969

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Just searched for it and I can see why it gets little mention. No reviews on TR and no sources, I can tell, this side of the polluted pool.
I'm surprised that there aren't any reviews on TR. I'd write a review except I feel unqualified to do so! I just know it is one I like sometimes. It's cherry and currant rather than orange. Perhaps if someone is interested they can order it along with HU from Germany.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I'm surprised that there aren't any reviews on TR. I'd write a review except I feel unqualified to do so! I just know it is one I like sometimes. It's cherry and currant rather than orange. Perhaps if someone is interested they can order it along with HU from Germany.
Caribbean Dream is a nice one as well.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Just searched for it and I can see why it gets little mention. No reviews on TR and no sources, I can tell, this side of the polluted pool.

View attachment 21605
That's the problem with a lot of the good aros made in Europe, you can't get them over here anymore. I've had blends from Kohlhase & Kopp that were fantastic and now I can't get anything from them.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I received a sample of it.. it's possible I didn't get the full experience.
but to me it was objectionable and it nearly ghosted my pipe after 1 bowl.
We get it. You hate it and won't buy it. Either that or you really liked it and don't want any competition in ordering it when it's available again.

I haven't seen this much hate for a blend since someone asked about Penzance.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like my aromatic/flavored tobaccos to remain tobacco forward. I want the flavoring to support and emphasize the tobaccos, not take the spotlight. So this sounds a little flavoring forward to me, but is well described for sure, sounding interesting but not like something I'd want. Nice
review, a vicarious enjoyment.

Pierre1965

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2020
Thanks. I suffered a mango related trauma, also.

During most of Desert Storm, my beverage choices were hot water or hot Arabic mango juice boxes sourced locally.

A few decades later, I began enjoying fresh mango again, but, to this day, approach me with any commercial mango juice and I suddenly begin remembering urgent obligations elsewhere.

S&M = Sand & Mango juice... ?

View attachment 21608
Holy cow! I just had this conversation with my wife. She brought home mangos and I told her she about my hatred of them from my Desert Storm experience. I still can't stand that smell!

Apr 20, 2020
Hernando, MS
Does anyone here possibly know where I could get my hands on one or two tins, or possibly even more of some Rattray's Exotic Orange/Passion??? I'll take what I can get really. And iv got a good little selection, mostly aromatic blend. Some plum pudding barrel aged and old Kentucky dark fired as well, both unsmoked that I don't like just from the smell, if anyone might be interested in a trade??? I have spent weeks on end trying to get my hands on even a tin of Rattrays Exotic Passion with no luck at all. Except paying an arm and a leg to import from over sears... I'm really beaten down and sad about the whole ordeal. I live just outside of Memphis Tennessee, and there are no BnM Pipe Tobacco stores for hours in every direction, so that route is out of the question... all I can do is order in , and in that regard, I'm not getting very lucky.

Any tips, advice, or a silent dinner in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.