PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

John Brandt

Might Stick Around
Aug 25, 2020
Fall River MA
I had some of the 515, gifted to me a few months back with the extra Rum. I personally like the original and remember before, you told me, we can still request it.

I plan to get some of the original in a little bit.

Have you thought of creating different styles of Aros, that are not the typical traditional types of Aro blends?

I’m always on the hunt for different/unique Aros, and even though Gawith’s Grousemoor has been around, I consider it more unique among Aros, and Esoterica Dunbar too, with it’s unique Apricot fermented notes.
Have you tried our Peanut Butter very tasty blend it will be back in stock next week or the Rum and Maple.

Reactions: Browny and JimInks

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Have you tried our Peanut Butter very tasty blend it will be back in stock next week or the Rum and Maple.
I guess, I should of said it like this.

Aros that are also unique when you consider foods, so peanut butter isn’t a unique food, even though it might be unique as a tobacco blend.

While I do love and consider 515 great! I also find there are to many of the same traditional Aros out there, rum, maple, vanilla, cherry, cocoa, etc...

John, have you smoked SG Grousemoor? I can only speak for the 2020-2021 batches. I do have a 2018 sealed tin, so it will be interesting to try.

I personally believe, we have quite an eclectic crowd here, but also those that really love a wide variety of blends, so I really think if you created something unique and tasty, it would be a hit.

Like I say, who eats the same thing everyday! LOL

John Brandt

Might Stick Around
Aug 25, 2020
Fall River MA
I guess, I should of said it like this.

Aros that are also unique when you consider foods, so peanut butter isn’t a unique food, even though it might be unique as a tobacco blend.

While I do love and consider 515 great! I also find there are to many of the same traditional Aros out there, rum, maple, vanilla, cherry, cocoa, etc...

John, have you smoked SG Grousemoor? I can only speak for the 2020-2021 batches. I do have a 2018 sealed tin, so it will be interesting to try.

I personally believe, we have quite an eclectic crowd here, but also those that really love a wide variety of blends, so I really think if you created something unique and tasty, it would be a hit.

Like I say, who eats the same thing everyday! LOL
Very true.

Reactions: JimInks

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Revisited this blend last night in a meer. Such a good blend. 2019 batch still sporting a pretty subtle topping IMO. Noticeable in every puff (particularly the maple) but certainly a mostly tobacco forward blend. I had forgotten how good this stuff is.

Reactions: clynch

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
It was never an overstated aromatic in my opinion. There are lots of old British and Irish tobaccos with Virginia and Burley as a base that have different flavors applied to them to varying extents--they're usually stout tobaccos with real depth and nicotine but the flavors are more of an afterthought and accentuate the tobaccos very reservedly. I'm happy I've got an old box of it to enjoy. I hate to think the recipe's been changed.